Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG General

Subject: Help! How Do I do this... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

I'm wondering if it is possible to create links in the header of a Geek List that takes a reader directly to an Item within that Geek List? Any ideas and sample code would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It is possible, but no easy or automated way. Requires manualy work.

Each geeklist item has a line in the bottom, with a link, like this:
Posted Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:32 am

You can use this link to link to the item in question:
Show Business
[url=http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/63865/item/1560465#item1560465]Show Business[/url]
Show Business
[geekurl=/geeklist/63865/item/1560465#item1560465]Show Business[/geekurl]
14 
 Thumb up
6.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You sir are champion. Thank you very much.

I had the code at either end all ready to go.

I got the complex code by simply clicking the number of the list item.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Each geeklist item also has a "number" on the left hand side of the item in question. The example provided above has a URL connected with the number "3" (this being the 3rd item listed on the associated geeklist).



7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashitaka wrote:
Each geeklist item also has a "number" on the left hand side of the item in question. The example provided above has a URL connected with the number "3" (this being the 3rd item listed on the associated geeklist).





Hey Bob - where is the 3 in the above url...just for my total understanding.

I will have a Geek List up later tonight that lists all of my written reviews...sorted by genre or theme...so people can find what they are looking for easy.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gudjon Torfi Sigurdsson
Iceland
Isafjordur
Isafjardarbaer
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on the left of Board Game:

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Gudjon - I knew that but I thought Bob was referring to the number 3 being in the url itself...now I realise that he was referring to what it was linking to - all good.

My Review Geeklist is up and functioning. Damn that thing took some code.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Neil Thomson wrote:
Thanks Gudjon - I knew that but I thought Bob was referring to the number 3 being in the url itself...now I realise that he was referring to what it was linking to - all good.

My Review Geeklist is up and functioning. Damn that thing took some code.


Correct. Slow response today, just getting home from work... shake
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just learned that there is indeed a simpler way to accomplish this.
If you use the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown menu, you can select "Geeklist Item" and generate a link. Strange enough, the menu doesn't work for me in a geeklist header; but that's the code it normally generates:
[listitem=######]text[/listitem]

So for our example, the simple way is:
Show Business
[listitem=1560465]Show Business[/listitem]

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:
I just learned that there is indeed a simpler way to accomplish this.
If you use the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown menu, you can select "Geeklist Item" and generate a link. Strange enough, the menu doesn't work for me in a geeklist header; but that's the code it normally generates:
[listitem=######]text[/listitem]

So for our example, the simple way is:
Show Business
[listitem=1560465]Show Business[/listitem]



Now you tell me...

That's sweet. Cheers.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.