Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Princess is not just for kids. I got my copy of Princess in the mail today, just in time for a gaming party. After a game of Carcasonne (half the group was still playing Ticket To Ride) one of the players (first time) was not in the mood for another go (he lost horribly.) So, I pulled out Princess. Let me tell you, although the other games were a blast, it was the most fun we had all night.
Princess is a co-op game that, so long as you don't ruin it by playing with the "Advanced" rules prompts quite a lot of creativity and, even in a group of non-gamers, some role playing.
Basically, it's a role and move wherein some spaces bring on Night, thereby bringing the group closer to loss and the others allow you to reveal items which are then used to bypass obstacles. What's fun about the game, other than the art, is that it allows, nay, demands, you come up with ways to use the items to bypass said obstacles. For instance, our group used a magic potion to turn the water into a giant bubble thereby allowing us to walk across the now waterless moat where we then put a boat we turned over next on top of a dog, bribed the guard by giving him a key to the payroll, stuck a bone in the keyhole of the locked door in order to trick the monsterous dog into bashing it down for us in order to gain access to a tunnel which we crushed with our battleramming horse only to come upon the sleeping Princess just as night fell upon our defeat. Everyone's tongue dropped from their cheek as the feeling of loss, pleasurable, well earned loss, was palpable.
Most of the attendees played the award winners Carcasonne and Ticket to Ride for the first time that night, and, although they had fun and loved the new games, it was Princess that was on their lips as they said their goodnights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.