Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
mbmbmbmbmb
My daughter has been wanting to play Take It Easy recently but my son doesn't like the game so it hasn't been played in a while. Yesterday was her 8th birthday, so when she asked me to play, I readily agreed. My wife was cooking dinner and my son was working on a school project so it was just my daughter and me.

In the first game, I did pretty well and scored 157 points. When we scored my daughter's board, I realized that she had forgotten that you score in three directions so she only scored 72 points, all of them vertically. Oh well, that was my fault for not going over the rules before we started.

I quickly went over the rules, making sure she understood and we started another game. She likes to be the "caller", so I let her do it every game. The second game went better for her but I won 130-95.

After the second game my 9 year old son came up and asked to play. I was a bit surprised since he had always done poorly and didn't like the game. I also didn't understand why he did poorly, as this type of game would seem to play to his strengths. Regardless, we quickly got him a board out and his pieces ready to go.

My daughter continued to improve and topped 100, getting a 106. My son had his best game ever, scoring 159 while I won with 168. My son decided that he liked the game now.

The children wanted to play again so I asked my wife if we had time before dinner and she said we could get one more game in.

I was having a bit of trouble early, but pulled out a few connections at the end. My daughter had her best game yet, scoring 112. I barely beat her with my worst game, scoring 114. (Although as my wife said, that is like a win for her. I agree). We then counted up my son's board. I knew he had a good game going but was amazed that he had scored 182!

This was the first time I had lost Take It Easy. The King is dead . . . long live the King!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.