Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
So you own Space Hulk (2nd edition) and played all of its 18 missions and are looking for more missions. You are lucky, many missions were published by Games Workshop in the past for the 2nd edition in their magazine White Dwarf. Also many missions were published for the 1st edition and many of them could be played with the 2nd edition with no or little modifications. You still have a chance to get these or at least many of them. Mission books of all editions are being offered on Ebay and you can also find issues of the White Dwarf there, although the older issues are rare.
I have created a compendium of all Space Hulk missions for all editions that were published in the base sets, the expansions and the White Dwarf. The document lists all of these missions and includes additional information about them. Its purpose is to show which missions can be played with which edition and if expansions or additional items are needed.

The following missions can be played if you own the 2nd edition of Space Hulk:

You could play all missions from the mission book of the 1st edition, but these are included in the mission book of the 2nd edition anyway.
You could also play mission 1 from Deathwing but would have to adapt the composition of the marine forces.
The mission Pitfall from WD 114 can be played as well, as the magazine contains the necessary extra items.
It would also be possible to play the mission Delaying Action from WD 115. The magazine contains the necessary extra board section and other items. You may play it with two standard squads instead of the command squad for achieving a balanced game.
The mission Denzark’s Hammer is also playable. You should choose the version published in WD 120, as it contains the necessary extra board section and other items. The mission may be balanced with 2 standard squads.
You could also play the missions 1 – 3 of the campaign Return To Kalidus, published in WD 158. The missions may be balanced with 2 standard squads.
You can play all 18 missions of the 2nd edition.
You can play the 3 missions in WD 197, the 3 missions in WD 199 and the 3 missions in WD 201, using the extra items in these magazines.
You can play the 3 missions in WD 200.
You can play the 5 missions in WD 203, if you have a second set of the 2nd edition. You could play the missions 1 – 5 and 10 from the mission book of the 3rd edition, but these are included with only little differences in the mission book of the 2nd edition anyway.

Many additional campaigns were published for the 2nd edition in the White Dwarf. A few missions for 1st edition from older White Dwarf magazines are of interest as well. The expansions for 1st edition are hardly useful, if you want to play by the rules of the 2nd edition.
This gives you up to 37 missions or even 42, if you have a second base set.

If you are interested in more details about the missions or if you would like to know which of them can be played with other editions you could download the file with the compendium. It also contains a table which lists the contents of the different editions and expansions. The file does not violate copyright laws as it does not contain any graphics or original text. Trademark laws are not violated as well.

Here is the link to the pdf-version:
http://www.bertholdnuechter.homepage.t-online.de/Compendium%...

Here is the link to the doc-version:
http://www.bertholdnuechter.homepage.t-online.de/Compendium%...

If you find any errors or have suggestions please let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
Version 1.1 uploaded. I fixed a few errors in the table "Comparison of the content of all editions of Space Hulk and its expansions" concerning the content of the Genestealer expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
Version 1.2 uploaded. I added the information that some more missions of the 3rd edtion have been published before in similar way and edited the conclusions accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.