Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Rogers
United States
Yakima
WA
flag msg tools
badge
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.
mb
Hi all,

I need help finding the perfect AoS map. Allow me to clarify.

I love Age of Steam but the base map sucks with 3/6 players and I often have just 3. Now I know what you're thinking, "just buy one of the maps made for 3 players" right? I tried that for over a year and it didn't work for my group. We simply don't play AoS enough to legitimize owning a bunch of different maps with a bunch of different rule sets. One of the biggest complaints I get is people having to re-learn a game that we haven't played in a while; several maps/rules exasperates this.

Let me be clear here, I don't need a map that's necessarily the same as the base map; rather I'm looking for a map that I can use as the default map for 3-5 players. Once I learned the new rules it would be THE rules for all our AoS experiences. It doesn't have to be a single-sided map either; a double sided map (a side for 3 and another for 4-5) would be fine as long as the basic ruleset remained the same between the two sides.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for all your help past/present/future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My London comes close-ish, perhaps the best of a bad lot, but it is not perfect for that requirement (there's a rules change across player counts). Without saying that London scales wonderfully, as it doesn't, I don't recall any others that scale well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BrenoK wrote:
Japan has very few rules modifications (I mean, modifications that can be explained in less than a minute). I can't imagine someone complaining about having to learn something different with it.

Even better, it is free:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/13216/aos-japan-pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.