Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Varan
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be answered later in the rules, so I apologize if they are. We've only played part way through Scenario 1 so far, so that's the extent of what I've read in the rules.

It seems that floor elements outlined in dotted yellow block movement until they are destroyed, so there could be a tactical advantage to destroying them. But some other floor elements, like trees, also have a defense value and seem like they can be destroyed. But they don't seem to block movement, since they don't have yellow outlines. So I'm curious - why would you ever need to destroy a tree, or other similar elements like the wrecked tank?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dominic putzeys
Belgium
Leuven
Kessel-Lo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you want to destroy them because they block line of sight.
(Or you want destroy them because you just plain dont like trees =) )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure when you start the "Shoot" part of the game, they will be either a help or hinderence. Since they will block your view to shoot enemies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantin Goss
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You also might want to destroy trees to have a LOS to enemy characters for interrupting (Duel).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Varan
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you guys are right. I just started scenario 3, and I can definitely see the importance of destroying trees. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Woods
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I fall under dominic's secondary view... being a Woods, I plain just don't like trees. Consider it a rivalry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.