Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
41 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: What are you going to play/did you play instead of watching the Super Bowl? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brendan McHugh
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
My game group is going to take another whack at Merchants & Marauders in about an hour.

A couple of the regulars dropped out on account of they are going to watch the game, but I'd say getting four guys together during the one night of the year when most Americans are glued to the TV . . . that's pure gaming dedication!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does checking for cool threads on BGG on my laptop and half-paying attention to the game until the commercial breaks count?

For bonus points, I have a google doc of my current game design open in another tab...

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Puppy Bowl VII on TV, with the sound turned off.

Playing Memoir '44 because I used to be a pro football fan but now I just don't care which team wins the big game... and I can probably watch the best of the commercials on You Tube in the morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Johnson
United States
Loudon
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing. GO PACK!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing the Beta test of the new MMORPG, RIFT .

(gasp)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lock
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing Talisman right now, oh yeah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Agricola. Go farmers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone Newby
Canada
Tupperville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Buddy and me are in the middle of a game of "U.S Navy Plan Scarlet" ,which is an addition onto "Pacific Crossroads" of the GWAS System by Apress, were playing Oper. Sc. 14 "Jutland of the West",were just past turn 20 and both of our largest fleets met just east of Truk Island(we started well within gunnery range at 24,000yards),were just into the Tac battle(using our Tac System "Shipbase 3") about round 6 and the American Force has damaged two German Pre-Dreadnoughts and sunk a Light Cruiser ,the Germans has yet to cause any damage on the U.S fleet;though I have an interest in the game only as far as how Shaun Suishawn of Pittsburgh Steelers is doing since he at one time went to Wallaceburg(Ont. Canada)High School were my wife was his teacher.
.....but I always remember what G.S.Patton said:"Compared to war,all other forms of Human endevours shrink to insignifance",so on this Supper Bowl Day, war were playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl von Laudermann
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
etherton wrote:
Does checking for cool threads on BGG on my laptop and half-paying attention to the game until the commercial breaks count?

Heh, that's what I'm doing, except I'm using an iPod Touch, and not paying attention at all until the commercials.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a bunch of just-OK games: Cargo Noir, Alien Frontiers, Master Builder ... I'd be fine with never playing any of these again! AND, I meant to watch the commercials but missed them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved cards while watching a mediocre independent movie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Owsen
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I studied my Race for the Galaxy cards and read comics!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lori
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played Taboo, Sleuth, Gang of Four, Smarty Party, and several games of Roborally. A couple of gamers are going home to watch the commercials later, but otherwise the Super Bowl was not missed or noticed in my gameroom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walsh
United States
Batavia
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
buenaventura wrote:
My game group is going to take another whack at Merchants & Marauders in about an hour.

A couple of the regulars dropped out on account of they are going to watch the game, but I'd say getting four guys together during the one night of the year when most Americans are glued to the TV . . . that's pure gaming dedication!

I would have come out there if i didn't have to leave town tomorrow morning! Anyway, we played a few hands of Dominion tonight. Throne room + witch is wicked fun indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Selkirk
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're continuing to playtest SHENANDOAH: Jackson's 1862 Valley Campaign. There will always be another Super Bowl, but the Valley Campaign can only be right once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I slept.

Mmmm, time differences.

Not that I would have watched if I was awake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We tried to play Luna and then we played Famiglia. Earlier, we played Puzzle Strike, but that ended just before the game came on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Ameritrash
United States
Statesboro
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
AFC
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a game of Battleball with my kid, and then we watched a couple of episodes of Eureka on Netflix. A blissfully football-free day here in The Hellmouth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

thumbsupGood idea for a thread

My wife and I played two games of Roll Through the Ages: The Late Bronze Age.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Dreg
United States
California
flag msg tools
I introduced pandemic to my niece and nephew then we played carcassonne.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Varan
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son and I played Earth Reborn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Good
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Claustrophobia, Doom The Board Game, And Munchkin Quest with Game Group
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian Tyree
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caylus!! :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kift
Canada
New Westminster
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nexus Ops and Pandemic + On the Brink (Mutation Challenge). We don't have a TV, so watching the game wasn't even an option, but we did watch a couple of episodes of The Pillars of the Earth online. I'm hoping my wife will want to give the game a try if she gets into the show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Eeg Ejrnæs Nielsen
Denmark
Værløse
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the game didn't start until 00:30 AM here in Denmark I didn't play any games during Super Bowl, but I did manage to play three games of Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game before the game started
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.