Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeon Yang-seop
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, guys. I had two questions regarding Leader Movement.

1. A leader that is ordered does not have to move (unless attached to an ordered unit that is moved).
In this sentence, "does not have to" means "need not", right? If so, when a Leader is attached to an ordered unit, must that Leader move?

2. Attaching a leader to a unit does not order the unit just joined or the unit the leader just detached from.
Could you explain this sentence in segment?

Waiting for your help :)
Jeon

Sorry for all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I really can't
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Two questions
This is how I interpret the rules:

Quote:
1. A leader that is ordered does not have to move (unless attached to an ordered unit that is moved).
In this sentence, "does not have to" means "need not", right? If so, when a Leader is attached to an ordered unit, must that Leader move?

Yes to the first part, and no to the second. You are not forced to move a leader if you order it, regardless it is attached to a unit or not. If you activate a leader that is attached to a unit you can use that activation to move the leader alone (therefore detaching it from the unit) or keep it attached and order the unit instead.

Quote:
2. Attaching a leader to a unit does not order the unit just joined or the unit the leader just detached from.

This basically means that if you activate a leaded that is not attached to any unit and attach it to one in the movement phase, then you cannot use that unit to perform any further action (attack). This prevents you from using one sigle order to activate a leader and a unit that are separated at the beginning of the turn.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeon Yang-seop
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IcantExplain wrote:
This is how I interpret the rules:

Quote:

Yes to the first part, and no to the second. You are not forced to move a leader if you order it, regardless it is attached to a unit or not. If you activate a leader that is attached to a unit you can use that activation to move the leader alone (therefore detaching it from the unit) or keep it attached and order the unit instead.

Quote:

This basically means that if you activate a leaded that is not attached to any unit and attach it to one in the movement phase, then you cannot use that unit to perform any further action (attack). This prevents you from using one sigle order to activate a leader and a unit that are separated at the beginning of the turn.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Jesus. It is certainly helpful to me :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Btw, it would be helpful for you to put a topic in you subject line instead of just 'two questions'.

That way, someone in the future who has the same questions you just asked could actually search to see if the question has been asked and answered before they post a new question.

Your question was good and I would virtually guarantee someone else will ask the same thing at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To his point, both questions have already been asked and answered several times... but each time with a nebulous subject line so that you would not have been able to find it unless you went through every listing that just said "two questions" or "a few questions."

The subject lines have value if we use them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brooks
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:

The subject lines have value if we use them.

Here here! More and more I'm realizing the value of quality subject lines, especially in the rules section. Especially when I'm mid-game with my iPad sitting next to me, trying to quickly find the answer to a question.

Providing "subject line moderator" rights to some trusted individuals would allow for some ongoing care and feeding in this area. Looks like this has been discussed before: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/222433/rules-questions-a-sug...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Donnelly
Canada
Comox Valley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Now that I look at it, the wording of that rule is strange. "A leader that is ordered does not have to move" makes sense only in the context of issuing separate orders to the leader and the unit and moving the unit away from the leader. The bit in parentheses refers to a leader that is not given a separate order to detach. This is confusing, coming as it does in a section that otherwise deals exclusively with movement of detached leaders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it means if you elect not to move a leader that is with a unit, you have to order both the unit to move and the leader to unattach. Otherwise, if you order a unit w/leader, the leader goes with the unit.

That's how I would read it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Donnelly
Canada
Comox Valley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Steve, your interpretation is certainly correct. It's just that I can see how people might be confused, because in the middle of a discussion of how to handle detached leaders, suddenly we're presented with an "unless" that isn't really an exception, because it has to do with attached leaders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam faraci
Australia
melbourne
victoria
flag msg tools
Steve I didn't realize the rules were like that .I always played that if i ordered a unit with a leader attached to it ,i could if i wanted only move the unit and leave the leader where they were whilst only using 1 command point.I didn't realize to do this i needed to expend 2 command points,1 to detach the leader and leave him in the hex they are in ,and the other to move the unit.

By the way Steve are you and Kevin Duke related? i know it has nothing to do with anything im just acurious kat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cutter3377 wrote:
By the way Steve are you and Kevin Duke related? i know it has nothing to do with anything im just acurious kat.

Ooooh! Them Dukes! Them Dukes!

Do they have a sister? And does she play C&C? kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.