Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart Wright
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good day folks,
I just picked up 2 class decks for WOW TCG to see it it was something I would like, turns out that I think the game looks like fun.

The question,

I saw card lots for sale on Ebay (No loots) 1600 cards no more than 4 of a kind for $25.00, is that a good deal or should I just by boxes in the hopes of getting loot cards and special type cards

This is the description

Card Condition
Mint
Contain-Total 1600 WOW Cards
-At Least 30 Rares
-Over 100 Uncommons
-Over 40 different Heroes
-No more than 4 of each Cards
-In English Edition
-Brand New Condition
-From Heros of Azeroth to Scourgewear

Thanks
Stuart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Wasson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
DAD JOKES
badge
Never trot when you can prance.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're mainly interested in playing and not in trying to hunt for loots specifically, this is a decent deal. You probably won't see much in terms of sealed packs for most of these sets anyway. Save your box purchases for Worldbreaker.

Personally, I love buying sets like this when starting a CCG because it gives you a good broad base of cards to build with. Then you can fill in specific niches with singles, and most non-loot cards in this game don't really get that expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You need people to play with in order to fully enjoy the game. Yes, it's like that for any BG... but with competitive card games that have any sort of tournament side, you need to consider wether or not you're just planning on playing with one buddy, or if you're going to hunt down some tournaments. This will change your view on how deep you'll go into the rabbit hole...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Now is definitely the time to partake, as this stuff has been clearance-cheap for a year now.

I really tried getting into it, and it's not a bad game, but I was forever comparing the various mechanics to Magic & coming away less than impressed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to WoW:TCG forums
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.D.W
United States
San Angelo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its a fun game to play around with. I didn't get into trading,hunting for rares, or tournaments. I just put together three or four decks around some characters and would play with friends and family. I like the theme a lot and its an easy game to learn, always had fun with it. I think if you like Warcraft it will pay off for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Wasson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
DAD JOKES
badge
Never trot when you can prance.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a general bit of advice for people interested in WoWTCG: try a raid. IMO that's where the game really shines. It's when it feels the most Warcraft-like, and the most different from other CCGs.

I think Molten Core is the best place to start. It's got a good balance of interesting things and relative simplicity, and the ones where you're fighting a series of bosses feel the coolest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garcian Smith
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I came away from this game with a bad taste.

The early cards in this game were hugely slanted towards small ally rushing.

Let me ask you... have you played Magic the Gathering? Well take a look at this card:
. This card is a single-costing 2-attack, 1-health creature that is a RARE.

Now take a look at this guy (or girl I should say) here:
. About the same stats, an ability and it is a common.

Now both games are different, but they share many core concepts. But the cheap creatures in this game are ridiculous. Making them common ensures that many people will play it and more so, there's more creatures that are 2/1 and cost 1.

Not only that, but in Magic, you had balance because the creatures could be blocked if the defender chose to do so. In WoW, you cannot block unless you have a creature with "Protector". So these 2/1 insane creatures can go right to your head.

With an archetype this strong, it forces deck to pack some sort of mass removal spell and classes that could not do so... simply lost.

Now of course I bet the balance is much better now, but back then, it was ridiculous.

The game is nice, but it's old and I just find MTG superior in almost every way. The resource mechanic is interesting, but having 9 (or 10?) classes limits the usable cards quite significantly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair, all allies in Magic are "Elusive" so Apprentice Teep doesn't really have a power in Magic terms. Also, hero health pools are slightly higher than the basic 20 in Magic so small beaters like this don't have quite as much determination in the total outcome.

The classes do limit the card usefulness of most ability cards somewhat, but they make up a fairly small portion of the total cards in a booster pack and provide the bulk of the WoW flavor that is a major draw of the game for a lot of folks.

I also agree with Julian that WoW shines the most when playing against the Raid decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.