Subject: Do you have to buy plot cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryszard Chojnowski
Poland
Brzeg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After almost two years of not playing RtL we decided to give it a go, and started a new campaign last week. Being particulary evil though rather inexperienced Overlord I chose The Eternal Night as my plot. However I cannot find any information if I have to buy extra plot cards (spending much needed XP) or is it enough just to wait till the campaign gets to the golden stage and final battle then.

I'd be very grateful for any clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Plot Cards are basically additional OL Upgrades. You, as the OL, can decide to spend your XP on a plot card if you want to focus on that. Some plot cards have other prerequisites (i.e. played at certain stages, prior plot cards must be bought, etc).

The OL has 3 main ways to win: razing Tamalir, completing the Plot, killing the heroes at the End Battle. It's best to decide on one strategy and focus on that. Most players have reported the end fight is extremely difficult for the OL to win, so they tend to focus on the Plot Cards.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryszard Chojnowski
Poland
Brzeg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot. I'll have to reconsider my approach then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.