Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Acquire» Forums » General

Subject: German Acquire components question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi there,

just got acquire (1968 version from Schmidt International) in the mail, which i recently bought on ebay. now i have a question about the components to find out if i have been shafted. the rules contained in the game look like a bad copy from the rulebook on a single DIN-A4 sheet of paper. is that a correct component? or was there to be a proper rule book contained? thank you for your time and help in this matter.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know, but the rules would certainly fit on a single sheet of paper.

The oldest edition [in the 3m line] had the rules printed on the bottom of the box top.

Once you learn the game, you're not going to need to look at the rules anyway. It's super easy.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My old AH edition has the rules printed on an A5 page (half a A4), so I think you should be OK.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
borgfather wrote:
the rules contained in the game look like a bad copy from the rulebook on a single DIN-A4 sheet of paper.

That may be original equipment.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Edwards
United States
South Attleboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest secret agent in the world!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
borgfather wrote:
Hi there,

just got acquire (1968 version from Schmidt International) in the mail, which i recently bought on ebay. now i have a question about the components to find out if i have been shafted. the rules contained in the game look like a bad copy from the rulebook on a single DIN-A4 sheet of paper. is that a correct component? or was there to be a proper rule book contained? thank you for your time and help in this matter.


Bad news, I have the 1968 Schmidt International edition and it includes a 20 page rules booklet, about 8.5" by 4.75", with rules in German, French, Italian and Dutch.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
Quote:
Bad news, I have the 1968 Schmidt International edition and it includes a 20 page rules booklet, about 8.5" by 4.75", with rules in German, French, Italian and Dutch.


could you possibly upload a picture of it to the site or pm me a link?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Edwards
United States
South Attleboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest secret agent in the world!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
borgfather wrote:
could you possibly upload a picture of it to the site or pm me a link?


I'll try to get one for you this weekend.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.