Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
O.k., in the interest of full disclosure, it must be stated that I'm from Cleveland.

Setting that aside, I have to say I love the Pittsburgh Steelers' head coach, Mike Tomlin.

His post-loss interview was, in my opinion, the perfect blend of savvy and classy. No criticism of the other team or the officiating...no excuses. No 'we did thus-and-such well, but we lost'. That, and there wasn't any bitterness toward the other team in his remarks.

When asked how he would categorize the game he said:

"A loss. We don't grade on the curve. We're not interested in moral victories, and things of that nature. We didn't play well enough to win, and Green Bay does, and we tip our hat to them because of that."

I don't think you could ask anything more from a head coach, winning OR losing, than you will get from this guy.

If he was more critical of his own team (and his own performance) than he was congratulatory of the Packers, that's to be expected in a game they could have won. I think if you turn the ball over that many times, and there's still a chance to win it in your final possession of the fourth quarter, you have to know that you could have won the game were it not for those mistakes.

And so, to the Pittsburgh Steelers, I say:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
robot THIS is 'directed' at their "Pittsburgh Pirates"! arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Tackleberry
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Hopefully, someone will take his talents to Pittsburgh next year and put them over the top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Graham
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is how it should have gone:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
ZeroZilla wrote:
I don't think you could ask anything more from a head coach, winning OR losing, than you will get from this guy.

And yet upon his arrival the city had that, "uhhhh... what?" look in their eyes, as the two (White) candidates (Russ Grimm and Ken Whisenhunt) were widely believed to be the favorites. BUT, the Steelers end up with a guy who could go down as their greatest coach ever (Noll and Cowher be damned.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the Browns/Steelers rivalry is a relic of the past. Of course you hated the team from the city up the turnpike that was likely a direct competitor for your livelihood (when both Cleveland and Pittsburgh were mainstays of the 'Steel Belt'). Now? *shrug*

Setting aside the fact that the Browns haven't been competitive in ANY of their rivalries, modern Browns fans have a much, much bigger axe to grind with the Baltimore Carrion Birds.

That being said, I still don't like your team. Just the coach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a Stillers' fan and a born and bred Yinzer, I thank you, 'n at for giving props to our coach Tomlin, who is perfect for the Stillers!

Oh, and one more thing...the Browns are a bunch of jagoffs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the "n 'at".

Buddy of mine says that all the time.

"N'at" is to Pittsburgh what "Eh?" is to Canada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.