Hide
6 Posts

Yomi» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rock Armor corner case question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt B
msg tools
Here's the sitch- I'm Jaina, I play an attack against Rook. He Rock Armors I continue a combo that knocks him below 0. Does Rook get to hit me back before dying, and if he knocks me below 0 do we both die? And is that a Double KO and if not, who has won here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Donkus
Canada
flag msg tools
You knocked him to 0 before he could knock you to 0. He doesn't get to do anything because the game ends there.

You won!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt B
msg tools
I'm just uncertain of the timing of health loss, if it's instantaneous I definitely win. But there's nothing says death interrupts Rock Armor. I think the online client calculates damage at the end of the round, which is what made me wonder to begin with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
United States
Los Angeles
US
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The precise wording of rock armor says, "the opponent finishs his combo, then...", and the dealing of damage occurs at the end of the combo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a real fighting game, Rock would be lying motionless before he could counter-attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vaclav Sinclair
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As soon as a character reaches 0, the game is over, they lose. Besides, Rook's Rock Armor doesn't trigger until after your combo is over, meaning that it's not as if he could activate it, preventing him from dying for a moment--he's dead before the game even asks him if he wants to activate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.