Popular Tags: Are_we_there_yet? [+] [View All]
Richard Pomeroy
United States
Chester Springs
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will we see Water Realm in 2011?
And will it have the corrected Dragon realm board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
rjpomeroy wrote:
Will we see Water Realm in 2011?
And will it have the corrected Dragon realm board?

Hope we see it too, its been on the release list for years!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Patiently waiting but I sure would like this to be the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pomeroy
United States
Chester Springs
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wwscrispin wrote:
Patiently waiting but I sure would like this to be the year.

I'm not in a rush, like most of us BGGers, it's not as if I don't have plenty of excellent games to play in the mean time. I'm just getting a 'hinky' vibe since I can't find any mention of it on the Z-man website with the exception of some older newsletters (Vol.13 or so).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Roswurm
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just don't think this game got the hype is should have. Especially since if you play the shorter rules the game plays pretty quick. For me, I am a completest and want everything possible for all the games I own, and knowing there is an expansion for Prophecy out there that 'May' not get released really bums me out. If they never release it, I wish I had never found out it existed because I'll always think what if, whenever I play this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know Zev mentioned after it was discovered the Dragon boards were misprinted that he'd put a new one in the Water expansion. But that might of screwed up the costing of the expansion so its not profitable. Also, the Dragon expansion might not of sold well since as I remember the base game was out of print when it was released.

Though I really want the complete game myself it just might not be worth the expense to produce considering the more highly hyped games they have on the table at this time. Boardgame profits are razor thin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikhail Kruzhkov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really love the game and have bought both the base game and the Dragon Realm. I understand that publishing of the expansion may be unprofitable. But if Water Realm is not going to be published anyway, maybe the materials should be made available for download so that the fans like myself could try and make a homemade version? I would very much rather have a published game, and I understand that there are copyrights, but if it definitely is not going to be published... oh no, I start to repeat myself. shake

I wasn't ever complaining about the misprint of the dragon realm map or absence of race cards in Dragon Realm, such things happen and it's not critical for the game. But I really love the game and it really upsets me that Z-Man doesn't seem to be interested in publishing Water Realm anymore. Please do publish it! It's just sad that the game is there, but we won't be able to play it ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No one said he isn't interested. As far as we know it is still with Vlaada to do modifications. I think it will come eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Hamson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope this game has not been abandoned, but with each passing month that is looking more and more likely. Which is a real bummer since it is my favorite of the adventure style boardgames and I would love to get the correct dragon board and cards that would have come in the Water Realm expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bartel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just today I had a short email convo with Zev about a missing piece in Dragon Realm. After he told me the piece was shipping out today, I dropped a little thank you note and asked if he had any news about Water Realm. I didn't expect an answer, but he actually replied with:

"We're still working on it."

So don't give up hope yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Hamson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
homiefud wrote:
Just today I had a short email convo with Zev about a missing piece in Dragon Realm. After he told me the piece was shipping out today, I dropped a little thank you note and asked if he had any news about Water Realm. I didn't expect an answer, but he actually replied with:

"We're still working on it."

So don't give up hope yet.

Awesome! Thanks for the update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Roswurm
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My faith has renewed!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Frank Branham mentioned that assets had been turned over to Zev (by Vlaada) for hopeful publication this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nichols
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news to hear that Water Realm may see an English printing this year. Plus, I'd like to get the following which is mentioned on their web site:

FAQ: There is a printed error on the left path of the board. You can download a new board by clicking the link to the right. You can still play with your old board - you just need to lay out the cards differently on the left path - gameplay is not otherwise affected.

We plan to offer the extra race cards and a new board with the Water Realm expansion.

I really like Prophecy and think it's one of the best adventure games going though it doesn't get the love that some other more known titles get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is with Filosofia in the mix we won't see this in 2011 unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bartel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
My guess is with Filosofia in the mix we won't see this in 2011 unfortunately.

Agreed, if at all. There have already been some cancellations from Zman's lineup since the merger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I don't expect we will see this now. Since the base game is long out of print. I'm guessing Dragon expansion didn't sell well since the base game wasn't in print at the time and still not. And we saw it on Tanga a few times at a pretty low price. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Hamson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be really disappointed if this expansion is no longer offered, however I guess I really shouldn't be surprised. I do think they should offer the fixes to the dragon realm expansion at the very least still.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
ScottE wrote:
Yeah, I don't expect we will see this now. Since the base game is long out of print. I'm guessing Dragon expansion didn't sell well since the base game wasn't in print at the time and still not.

Wow, just saw this. Total heartbreak. I would've been on board for all 5 expansion realms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave wrote:
ScottE wrote:
Yeah, I don't expect we will see this now. Since the base game is long out of print. I'm guessing Dragon expansion didn't sell well since the base game wasn't in print at the time and still not.

Wow, just saw this. Total heartbreak. I would've been on board for all 5 expansion realms.

They are working on reprint of the base game so there is still some hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gardner
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's never going to be a Water Realm in English, is there? --David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Roswurm
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've checked here every week for the past 3 years...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Roswurm
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, I still check here... and hope ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's really crappy that Z-Man made a bad error on the board and then said they'd fix it with the water realm, and then just abandoned the whole thing.

Crappy for the designer and the consumers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.