Subject: Internships? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Mahoney
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am currently a Junior at Marlboro College doing a plan (the rough equivalent of a major) in Game Studies. I'm hoping to get into the game design business (board games in particular) at some point in the future. Marlboro College has a grant for student internships over the summer, and I would love to use it to explore the game design industry in person. Unfortunately, I have no idea who to contact or how to go about doing so. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd contact Alan Emrich at Victory Point Games. He teaches a course in boardgame design in Southern California.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I could certainly use an intern to help around my little one-man operation. There's packing and shipping Alien Frontiers 2nd edition next month, and helping with design and pre-production on several new games, and going to Origins to demo, sell, and play Af and other games.

How do these things work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Mahoney
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies! As far as I'm aware, the grant essentially pays me minimum wage for a short period of time so that whoever I'm interning with doesn't have to pay me. Other than that, I think it's pretty open ended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.