Subject: Vasquez/Einstein 3 Player SAGS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt D
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
Can Vasquez "convert" Franck Einstein in a 3 (or 4) player SAGS game? I would assume not because the rule specifically states that "Franck Einstein becomes a NORAD character controlled by the NORAD player until the end of the game." Since there is no NORAD player in a multiplayer game, no one would gain control of Franck. Is this correct?

I'm concerned about the special rule if I'm incorrect since it would not be fun to lose 1/3 (or 1/2) of your army due to one special ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim McCormley
United States
SD
California
flag msg tools
OUCH!
mbmbmbmbmb
Burning Monkey wrote:
Can Vasquez "convert" Franck Einstein in a 3 (or 4) player SAGS game? I would assume not because the rule specifically states that "Franck Einstein becomes a NORAD character controlled by the NORAD player until the end of the game." Since there is no NORAD player in a multiplayer game, no one would gain control of Franck. Is this correct?

Well, on page 40 of the rulebook they specifically call out how certain characters' special abilities are used in a S.A.G.S 3/4 player game. Since Vasquez' special ability is not listed there, I think she can still do it. I guess if you want to play Franck, you better pick Vasquez first.

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
Yeah, I noticed that as well. I'm curious why Cherokee Bill is removed from multiplayer SAGS games. My guess would be that it's due to the traitor mechanic (which would support your argument since removing Cherokee Bill specifically addressed in the 3/4 player rules).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.