Subject: Possible to power up more than once a turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ben saylor
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
So far we have been playing that you can discard only one pair, 3 of a kind, or 4 of a kind per turn. But we where wondering if we were doing it wrong. Can you power up more than once if you have two pairs in the same turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
yes

you can also discard aces to search for aces (useful for Setsuki if you want purify your deck and Lum for PF)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ben saylor
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
Thanks! I wasn't quite sure about this.

This game is addicting but I keep getting killed by my girlfriend. She's on a 5 game winning streak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johncraven wrote:
you can also discard aces to search for aces (useful for Setsuki if you want purify your deck and Lum for PF)

That's sneaky. ninja I like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Infil
Canada
flag msg tools
It should also be noted that you can play multiple ability cards per turn (as can your opponent), and you can do them in any order. You can play an ability, wait to see if your opponent wants to play one, then play another yourself, etc. Or you can just play 5 abilities in a row, if the card description doesn't expressly forbid it.

So, for example, you can activate poker flourish, discard your T, then activate another poker flourish (if you have another T), and so on.

Basically, in the powerup phase and the ability-playing phases, you can do as much or as little as you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sirlin
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I will confirm that Infl is exactly right. Power-up all you want!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.