Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: asljr [+] [View All]
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
If you have played any of the scenarios from this publication, please take a moment to participate in this poll.

Poll: Scenario Poll for Hedgerow Hell
A quick poll to track the popularity of the scenarios included in this publication. This poll will never close, so you can come back to update your answers as often as necessary.
1. Which scenarios have you played at least once? (Check all that apply)
Deluxe ASL 11 Ripe Pickings
Deluxe ASL 12 Repulsed
Deluxe ASL 13 Bogged Down
Deluxe ASL 14 Buying the Farm
Deluxe ASL 15 Barkmann's Corner
Deluxe ASL 16 Clay Pigeons
Deluxe ASL 17 They're Coming!
Deluxe ASL 18 King of the Hill
2. Of the scenarios you have played, which one is your favorite?
Deluxe ASL 11 Ripe Pickings
Deluxe ASL 12 Repulsed
Deluxe ASL 13 Bogged Down
Deluxe ASL 14 Buying the Farm
Deluxe ASL 15 Barkmann's Corner
Deluxe ASL 16 Clay Pigeons
Deluxe ASL 17 They're Coming!
Deluxe ASL 18 King of the Hill
      13 answers
Poll created by richfam

I think that it would be interesting to have a poll like this in place for each ASL publication that includes scenarios, but I thought I'd test the idea out first on some older releases to see how it goes.

The poll does not ask players to rate the scenarios, because scenario ratings are already available on other web sites, including ROAR and the ASL Scenario Archive. This poll instead tracks simple popularity: how many different players have played each scenario, and which scenarios are considered to be the publication's best by at least one player. This is data that is difficult or impossible to extract from the scenario rating sites.

For publications that include both scenarios and campaign games, I will include the campaign games in the poll.

If you have an idea as to how these polls could be inproved, fell free to suggest it, but I want to keep the polls as simple as possible so that it only takes a minute or two to answer the questions, in the hope that this will convince more players to participate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesus wept.. this was published in 1987! Remembering back to last year is hard enough! They were all good in their own way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
I'm a little surprised to see that other players also have "Barkmann's Corner" as their favorite scenario from Hedgerow Hell. I love scenarios that can have both players simultaneously thinking about conceding, and Barkmann's excels at that: you can think that you have no chance of winning – regardless of which side you are playing – almost from the first turn!

When I first looked up "Barkmann's Corner" on the ROAR web site, I was dismayed to see how far down it was in the rankings. I assumed this low rating was due to a combination of (a) Hedgerow Hell itself being rather unpopular, (b) the brittleness of the scenario (one bad DR can lose the game for the Germans), and (c) the American players not surviving their "Personal Morale Check" when the Panther lights up the American armored column like a roman candle.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only player who likes this scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Gifford
United States
South Sioux City
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I think the initial problems understanding brocage really set Hedgerow Hell back on its heels for a long time, and the wealth of material coming out of ASL in those days made it far more overlooked than most of the modules.

Thus, Barkman's Corner was the most accessable of the package, and saw more use than others.

If you think about it, the deluxe boards from this module saw more action in later Annual sceanrios and few if any had brocage - which made them much more popular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.