Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Robinson
England
Bewdley
Confusion
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Next Friday, my gaming mates and myself are going to North Wales for 3 days. I am now looking for some decent 4 player drinking games. So far, a German friend has recommended Perudo (Liar's dice) instead of losing a dice you take a drink (It's the only way she has ever played Perudo) Ker Plunk is also packed-1 shot for each marble that falls (That'll go down great in the sleepy hollows of North Wales and NO mistake...)
Any others that are...
Fun
Not too big
and maybe have as much strategy as Ker Plunk. (Please don't say Buckaroo...)
would be greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Taraba
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bang! where you drink when you play a beer. EDIT: as in everyone drinks when someone plays a beer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Leach
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well how about Loopin' Louie, drink when you lose a chicken. Crokinole would be good too, although it doesn't really fit your size requirement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The root of all evil... but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Spite & Malice. Cheap, fun, small. A stiff drink (not just a beer) each time a stack is completed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's this drinking game called "21", (or "een en twintigen" or "pietjesbak" in dutch) It goes as folows:

Every player throws 3 dice and what you do is keep count of every "1" that is thrown.
- The player that throws the 7th "1", orders a drink.
- The player that throws the 9th "1", takes the option of paying for the drink
- The player that throws the 11th "1", tastes the drink.
- The player that throws the 19th "1", starts drinking the drink 'at fundum'.
- The other players try to throw 2 more "1"s before the drinking player has finished the drink.
If the drink is finished, the player with the paying-option pays, if not, the player that couldn't finish the drink pays for it.

Now how is that?

Cheese!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fette Bauche makes a pretty good drinking game. Just scale the number of drinks to the number of chips that come out to suit your desired drinking speed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some that I've liked:

Drunkards of Catan: everyone is assigned a number of two, when your number is rolled you drink, when seven is rolled everyone drinks, when someone is stolen from by the robber they drink.

Beer Zombies!!!: You kill a zombie: drink. Zombie kills you: chug.

Beer Checkers: Use shotglasses of beer as your pieces. When your man/glass is jumped, drink it. And the end of the game, loser drinks all of the winners left over glasses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cardarelli
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite is 3 Man. It is palyed with 2 dice. Each player rolls the dice and play goes clockwise. If the active players gets a:

Any Double: Then he takes that many sips

3: He is the new 3 Man! and may make up a rule (such as whenever someone says drink, drank, or drunk they must take a drink...or the thumb on the table rule (when he puts his thumb on the table, the last person to also put their thumb on the table must take a drink)) Also, anytime ANY number is rolled, that the normal rule for that number is applied, and if it has a 3 in it the 3 Man must drink (3 + 4 = 7, the person to the LEFT of the active player AND the 3 Man must take a drink)

7: The person the that players LEFT take a drink

10: Community Drink! (Everyone takes a drink)

11: The person to that players RIGHT takes a drink

For all other numbers, nothing happens and the next player rolls the dice.

Its very easy, and gets people VERY drunk! gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Lea
United Kingdom
Leeds
County: West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Toepen (pronounced toop'n) is a popular Dutch drinking game for 3-10 players, played with a standard pack of cards:

http://www.pagat.com/last/toepen.html

Another good card game specifically for 4 in partnerships and great fun is the Bavarian pub game of Watten, which again can be played with a standard 32-card pack. It's a game where partner communication is permitted using facial signals which may or may not be intercepted by your opponents and may or may not involve bluffing. You can adapt the scoring to incorporate your own 'penalties'. Rules also avilable on pagat.com

If you are quite drunk and don't want to do much thinking, the bluffing game Münchhausen, which I think is playable with ordinary playing cards, might work:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/657

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Robinson
England
Bewdley
Confusion
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a crap propper game but an excellent drinking game! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Hunt
England
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
:gulp - As one of the guys attending this weekend I would just like to thank you all. My liver would like to inform you that it does not appreciate your total disregard for normal coloured skin. My stomach would like to thank you by emptying its future (or current) contents on your mothers best carpet. My arse would also like to converse with you but it is litterally scared #?#!less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just saw "the vodka game" in an oxfam shop for £1.20 its drinking game about spies aparently .. might go back and get...
its listed on the geek but nothign about it yet..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cap'n Howdy
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, yes...Three Man...

I have fond memories of this game from my college days. On an eight, the roller got to make up a rule. One of our favorites was "no shirts".

You'd be amazed at how ready most girls were to comply, especially after a couple of drinks.

Ah, memories...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.