Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, is this a block game? The rules seem to indicate that, but the artwork in the download section looks like cardboard counters. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like there is hidden information. The rules mention having to reveal that you are shooting with certain kinds of guns (b/c people can recognize gunshots by the sound). How can the counters be kept hidden so that your opponent does not know what kid of guns they have?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thundarr the Barbarian, that brings back memories of killing robots with a fractured moon in the sky...

Back to task - It is not a block game. As I originally designed it, it was a block game, and that is reflected in the rules that are posted here on the Geek. Over a year ago, Worthington and I jointly decided to switch the game to 7/8" counters. I love block games, but there were a couple of things in the design that did not work well with blocks. On top of that, the economics of blocks have become extremely expensive and threatened to raise the cost of the game to a ridiculous amount.

The reaction to the switch was as expected - some were very excited and some were very disappointed. I am confident it was the right call and I can't wait for the released version.

There is still quite a bit of hidden information. Units get a decoy/conceal marker to cover them and players sometimes get decoy markers to hide where there units are.

So, where are the new rules? They are the same in principle as what you see here on the Geek, but obviously needed to be rewritten. This was done and the switch from blocks shortened and simplified them. We didn't post them, however, because we were waiting for the artwork to have finished rules. If I knew it would have taken this long to get to that point, I would have posted them earlier. As we stand today, however, we're fairly close to having a good/professional looking rule book to post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rexbinary
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
In Stereo
badge
I pwnz j00!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Krohn wrote:

There is still quite a bit of hidden information. Units get a decoy/conceal marker to cover them and players sometimes get decoy markers to hide where there units are.

How well does/will this game play solo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
It plays okay solo - similar to other wargames.

I am working on solitaire only rules, but I make no promises on that front. The low unit density makes it a possibility, but I have not been clever enough to make the special solo rules interesting enough...yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.