Bob West
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
When the richest centenarian in town suddenly dies, her descendants break into rival families vying to inherit the pieces of granny’s financial empire. Which family will come out on top? You don’t care, because you’re a humble country attorney whose only interest is in squeezing legal fees out of the two families.

Your decisions of which parts of the estate to argue over, who to represent, what evidence to bring along, and how to cheat just enough to not get caught will determine your success.

Family Attorney (working title) is a medium-light weight shared trick-taking game for 2-6 players, and takes about 90 minutes to play.

Playtesters will be sent the following:

Via email they will receive a PDF of the illustrated rulebook.

Via snail-mail they will receive 24 pages of cardstock, on which are the 213 illustrated color cards the playtester will have the joy of cutting out. The cardstock is thick enough that card sleeves aren’t necessary, but still preferable. To sleeve the cards, you will need three colors of sleeves in sets of 42, 51 and 120.

Via snail-mail playtesters will also receive 4 more pages of cardstock that with a little more cutting turns into the game board.

Playtesters will need to provide the following components:

6 player pawns
12 six-sided dice
6 buttons, beads, coins, or something similar
1 something to use as a gavel

What I am seeking from the playtesters is feedback on the rulebook, feedback on card text, opinions on game balance, playing time, final scores, and things like that. If you are interested, please PM me here on the Geek with your name, location, and the number of people you’ll be able to assemble into a test group. If you have any questions about the game itself, please post them as reply to this thread.

-Bob West
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mckane
Australia
SYDNEY
N.S.W
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Sounds like a fun theme, I don't think I'd have the time but it does sound goodthumbsup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweetgotham
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I saw pale kings and princes too, Pale warriors, death-pale were they all; They cried—‘La Belle Dame sans Merci Hath thee in thrall!’
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to an early Valentine's day gift, I have a robust paper cutter (with curved edge tripper! love is wonderful!); anyway, what is your time frame for when you want reviews back?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stewart
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, count me in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hines
United States
Perry
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geek Mail sent! I love entering unfamiliar territory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Heberer
United States
Lake Stevens
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
The theme sounds interesting, I'm curious how a trick taking game can really hold that kind of a theme. Good luck to you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.