Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Collins
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a Labyrinth newb, so I have lots of questions regarding cards. For the life of me, I can't figure out what "Patriot Act" means when it says "Allows Sanctions". Could somebody clarify?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomo Syvänperä
Finland
Nahkela
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm a quite the newb myself (just finished my first real game using Vassal for PBEM), but any time a card says it "allows" something, I believe it just means that it allows some other event to happen. So basically when you play "Patriot Act" you can play "Sanctions" event, which has the prerequisite that "Patriot Act" must be in effect. Did that clarify things?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Larkin
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twinkies... YUM!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sanctions is a 1-OP card that basically does nothing unless Patriot Act is in effect, and is quite powerful (for it's op value) when it is playable.

Many cards will say:

"Allows" meaning another card can't be played without this one being played first. Abbas & Quartet are like that too.

"Blocked by" means if the other card comes out first, you wont be able to play this card anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tsui
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
"Blocked by" also means that another card of the name listed can come out later and cancel the event. Something to keep in mind if you are fishing cards out from the discard with the oil price spike event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Collins
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. For some reason I totally missed the card "Sanctions". This game is by far one of the more complex ones i've played, it's also my first real war game (if you would call it as such, I would) and i'm really fascinated by it. I've been teaching myself on Vassal which is a great tool, it saves me from setting up the board game and I get to sit comfortably in my Captain's chair. THe learning curve may be steep, but it's a fun process. Thanks again guys. I'm sure i'll be posting much more questions in the near future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.