Popular Tags: [View All]
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While we didn't find a rule forbidding it, we did note that a leader already attached to a unit in square can't be unattached while the unit is in square:

From page 7 of the rule book:
Quote:
A leader attached to an infantry unit in square cannot be issued an order to detach. When the unit is ordered to come out of square, the leader may also be simultaneously ordered to detach on the same turn using an additional command.

So we wonder if the reverse would apply in attaching a leader. We're not prone to reading more into the rules than what is written, but it did give us pause.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I can't see any reason why leaders can't attach themselves to a square - that's certainly how we've been playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that "detaching" costs a specific command, but A-ttaching happens by just stopping in the hex, I can see why the rules would work differently there.

And I think a leader can certainly enter a hex with a square in it and, if he does not move further, he would be "attached." He may leader retreat through a square and attach or (if he has movement remaining) continue to retreat out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
Given that "detaching" costs a specific command, but A-ttaching happens by just stopping in the hex, I can see why the rules would work differently there.

And I think a leader can certainly enter a hex with a square in it and, if he does not move further, he would be "attached." He may leader retreat through a square and attach or (if he has movement remaining) continue to retreat out of it.

Yep, that makes sense. As always, it's best to not over think it and look for something that isn't there. Thanks for the input.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Mark
United States
Roseville
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wellington would be pleased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.