Jelle Geertsema
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hi everyone,

Me and my gaming group have played WoN about 5 times now and we intent to keep on playing it to grasp its unique concepts. To prevent bad habits to slip in, I wanted to clearify two issues that we are struggeling with each game thus far.

Are you allowed to sell Promissory Notes in the last round or should you take the -3 points?
The first is about Promissory Notes in the last round. At the moment we use the V2 rules and write down per good what each player makes. Then we reduce the # of Promissory Notes times $25 to calculate the score.

Can you lift 3 industry tiles and place them somewhere else in a different formation?
For one tile this seems to make sense, but in an occassion where someone lifts 3 tiles and puts to the dots on the outside to force other players to use 'force placement'.

Hope my questions are clear enough. Thank you in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Temple
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say:

Quote:
Taking (or repaying) Promissory notes does not count as a Trade action
(although you may only do so on the Trade phase).

Also:

Quote:
Each Promissory note you hold at the end of the game reduces your final score by 3 VPs. It’s therefore a good idea to pay them back before the game ends.

Emphasis was mine.

My group plays that you can rotate the tiles during a move, I can't imagine that they're supposed to keep the same orientation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Lastname
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
jellegeertsema wrote:
Can you lift 3 industry tiles and place them somewhere else in a different formation?
For one tile this seems to make sense, but in an occassion where someone lifts 3 tiles and puts to the dots on the outside to force other players to use 'force placement'.

Perhaps I am wrong but I think you are trying to ask if a player can use the rotate/move tiles action in such a way that after placement the dots of a tile are facing outwards in an attempt to block other players from placing tiles in an adjacent space (unless they pay to force). Yes this is legal as far as I can tell from the rules, though other players may be angered by your move.

The only restriction would be that if you are rotating/moving tiles and in placing them a dot or partial dot of your tile lines up with yours or another player's tile of a different type, then you would have to pay to force that placement in addition to already having paid the rotate/move cost. From my reading of the rules these are two separate costs and paying the rotate/move cost does not cover a forced placement cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hansell
United States
Rocklin
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Modtastic wrote:
jellegeertsema wrote:

The only restriction would be that if you are rotating/moving tiles and in placing them a dot or partial dot of your tile lines up with yours or another player's tile of a different type, then you would have to pay to force that placement in addition to already having paid the rotate/move cost.

Yes - this is correct - you would have to pay additional for any forced placement situations.

Note: You do not have to maintain the integrity of an existing bloc. You may move/turn tiles so that their own internal dots do not line up with each other. This means that you will not be able to produce as a bloc in later phases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jelle Geertsema
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thank you guys for the clarifications! thst should help us to play the game as it is intended to be played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.