Subject: One token each turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Esteban Fernandez
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you take more than one tile each turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex andros
France
flag msg tools
Hey! Good point! Glad to see I'm not the only one to have spotted it.

I used this game in an workshop on "game-rules writing/reading" with some non-gamer teenagers, because it's quite simple and yet subtle (on its own category, of course) but it backfired:

I heard one of the teens yelling at another that she "can't take two tiles in one turn!", while the accused player of course fought back. When they asked me to set their fight I just told them to look into the rule-book, confident that they would find the answer to be "NO, you can't". To my surprise they read througly and said "YES, you can".

In truth the rules DO NOT state that you must take only one tile. It is implicitated by the fact that most phrases have "tile" or "a tile" written, and me and my colleagues always assumed that it meant to be ONE tile (from the rules AND from what would be usual in that type of game, so it's basically speculation?).

But in the paragraph "Idea of the Game" (the general overview) it is written "...exchange dice for tileS..."!!!!!!!!!
I cross-checked the text in english, french and spanish and the problem is exactly the same! I can't read german though...

I am (quite) certain that only one tile should be picked, but it's just not clearly stated in the rules, so be careful, lest someone brandishes the rules-book at you telling you're a cheater...

Or else maybe someone from Haba could publish a little clarification?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Anon22
msg tools
The German rules state: "...darfst du die Würfel gegen genau ein Schatzplätchen eintauschen." meaning: you may swap the dice for exactly one treasure token. The other languages I checked (Dutch, English) aren't so clear about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.