BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Press Releases

Subject: Rising Kings - Micro-expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: micro-expansions [+] [View All]
Nikolaj Wendt
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
As announced on our website we have plans to introduce new cards for the Rising Kings game in something we call "Micro-expansions". The reason for this unorthodox name in a marketing world where everything has to be Ultra, Mega or Crazy, is that they will be... well, very small.

I like the idea of players being able to handpick what they want to include in their game instead of being forced to include a fullblown expansion pack that often changes the gameplay a lot. (Sometimes to the better, sometimes to the worse)

That is why we want to introduce expansions that include 10-15 cards, and only cost a couple of euros. The size and feel will be that of cardpacks used for many Trading Card Games. The content will be fixed though! No randomness, no "having-to-buy-a-gazillilon-packs-before-you-get-what-you-want. Do not worry.

This means that if you try the "Legends" expansion togehter with your core game, and like what it adds to the game, you can buy the 10-15 "Legends" cards. If you do not like the "Religion" expansion and the cards/mechanics it introduces, then you do not buy it. Handpick the cards/mechanics you like and use those as you please while you play Rising Kings.

I hope this sheds a bit of light on the future plans for the game. Over the next weeks I will be posting ideas for expansions and cards here in order to get feedback from those of you interested in developing games.

First up will be "Events". Following that will be "Legends" and after that "Religion".

If you have any feedback for this or suggestions or questions, feel free to post them here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fox
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this idea. Rising Kings is a great little game and I'm intrigued to see where the expansions take it. Give me a shout when they're available, you'll definitely have an order from me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.