Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few companies that sell through BGG, and they often list their games in the BGG Marketplace with a condition of "New" and a good price, but when you click on them you discover that they are really advertising a pre-order of a game that will not be available for a couple of months.

An additional designation ("Pre-order") would solve the problem and reduce confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely agree with this. Great idea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
While you're "at it", then how about an inclusion for TRADE considerations? Where someone may "pre-order" anything in lieu of a GAME(S)/item(s) for considerations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Yoren wrote:
I completely agree with this. Great idea

i second it. its very frustrating to think you found something and then its really not. or worst, turns out to be just parts at some ridiculous price
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Agreed. This is #11 on my list here: Ideas for BGG Marketplace improvements.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Brown
United States
Ofallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
King Agricola
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. This is frustrating. I noticed the other day that 7 Wonders was for sale on the Marketplace. You pull it up and it's a pre-order from "rsolow" in Atlanta. They do this all of the time. It isn't just 7 Wonders. They did it for the Agricola Gamer's deck and Goodies.

I say, if you dont have the item, you cant sell it. If you want to advertsie, create your own web page and do so.

My expectations are if it's in the marketplace, it's for immediate sale. Not wait until it comes in.

The old "bait and switch"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Harrison
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.gamesonthebrain.com
badge
www.gamesonthebrain.com
Fizbin44 wrote:
Yes. This is frustrating. I noticed the other day that 7 Wonders was for sale on the Marketplace. You pull it up and it's a pre-order from "rsolow" in Atlanta. They do this all of the time. It isn't just 7 Wonders. They did it for the Agricola Gamer's deck and Goodies.

I say, if you dont have the item, you cant sell it. If you want to advertsie, create your own web page and do so.

My expectations are if it's in the marketplace, it's for immediate sale. Not wait until it comes in.

I agree wholeheartedly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Harrison
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.gamesonthebrain.com
badge
www.gamesonthebrain.com
Fizbin44 wrote:

Rsolow has been doing this for years in more ways than one.

The price he lists in the marketplace is only for cash or money orders. He charges an additional 3.9% if you use Paypal, despite the fact that Paypal forbids its merchants from charging extra in order to use them. Of course, he says he doesn't add a surcharge for Paypal, but instead offers a discount for cash.

Not to mention the additional profits he makes from charging the highest flat-rate shipping I've ever seen for one boardgame in the same country.

Easy ways to make sure you have the cheapest new item available in the marketplace.

I will never do business with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Blankenship
United States
Owens Cross Roads
AL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
That's a moray!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that. I'd also like to see a "Special" or "Other " category that could include, e.g. games bundled with expansions, games with custom parts, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Harrison
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.gamesonthebrain.com
badge
www.gamesonthebrain.com
snoweel wrote:
I like that. I'd also like to see a "Special" or "Other " category that could include, e.g. games bundled with expansions, games with custom parts, etc.

And "parts only."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.