Josh Bailey
United States
Hendersonville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
That's what thon said.
mbmbmbmbmb
This game will be thematically based on the show American Idol and will feature players making "performances" each day. The core mechanic for this game will be similar to a rules-guessing type of game.

DEADLINES
Lynch Deadline: 3pm BGG time
Night Action Deadline: 5pm BGG time
This game will not run over the weekend.
This game will start when full anytime on or after 2/21.

CORE MECHANIC
-Each dawn, all players on the Good team will be given a keyword or phrase. All of these keywords fit into a category, which is given at the preceding dusk to the Evil team. The keywords also have something in common with each other that forms the solution to that days category, and the solution is known only to the Mod. Figuring out each day's solution can give insight into uncovering the identity of the Evil team.
-For examples, please see the original version of this game:

Werewolf Idol Game Thread
Cassie Page

THE TEAMS:

EVIL (3)

2 - Frauds (Werewolves) - Standard wolves. Share a chat with Producer's Son and get to choose a person to kill each night.

1 - Producer's Son (Werewolf) - Shares chat with Frauds and participates in Night Kill. Also at night (beginning N1) gets to reassign one player's keyword for the next day, which must satisfy category given to Evil (up to Mod's discretion).

GOOD (10)

8 - Contestants (Villagers) - Standard villagers with no special abilities.

1 - Diva (Villager) - each day (including D1), has a 50% of being assigned a legitimate and unique word, 25% chance of being assigned the same word as another Contestant, and a 25% chance of being assigned incorrect word that satisfies category given to Evil. The Diva is unaware and will be told he/she is a regular Contestant. Role-reveal on death is Contestant.

1 - Snob (pseudo-Seer/Truth Seer) - at night (beginning N1), may submit one word/phrase and day to see if that word/phrase fits that particular day's solution.

VICTORY CONDITIONS
EVIL wins if they reach parity with Good.
GOOD wins if all Evils are eliminated.

ADDITIONAL RULES

-Full role-reveal on death, with the exception of the Diva.
-Just after dawn, each good player will receive a keyword or phrase which they are to use in their performance for that day (though this is not an enforced requirement).
-Players are not required to emphasize which word in their performance was their given word (or use the word at all, for that matter).
-A player who has not submitted a performance by dusk will have their vote invalidated for that day (though they may still vote/post beforehand).
-Just after dusk, each evil player will receive a category that all of the given words fall under. The category will not be as specific as the solution used to create the list of that day's given keywords.
-The given keywords will be bolded, any additional words given as an explanation (in the event of multiple meanings, alternate spellings, clarification, etc) will be in parentheses and not considered part of the keyword.
-There will not be a keyword assignment in the event of a final three.

SEQUENCE OF NIGHT ACTIONS
-Dusk posted (no posting)
-Category given to Evil
-Winner of best performance is informed
-Lynch results posted (posting may resume)
-Dawn posted (no posting)
-NK'ed player moved to dead chat
-View results given
-Keywords assigned
-NK results posted (posting may resume)

REGARDING PERFORMANCE SUBMISSION
-To submit a performance, please begin a post with something similar to "This is my performance for today:", bolding or formatting to make these posts stick out will be appreciated but not enforced. EDITING OF SUBMITTED PERFORMANCES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED! If for some reason a player feels it absolutely necessary to make a change to their submitted performance, address it with myself in mod chat and I will deal with it on a case-by-case basis. Any player who edits their performance without prior Mod-approval will have their vote invalidated for the day. Multiple infractions of this rule may result in a modkill. Do not edit your submissions without speaking with me first.
-It is preferred that players limit their performance posts to only text that is to be considered part of their performance. If it is necessary to include extra text in the post (a vote, game commentary, etc), please enclose the performance section of your post in a quote box (or otherwise differentiate it from the rest of your post) and call attention to the fact that you have done so.

BEST PERFORMANCE OF THE DAY
-The best submission of the day will chosen by the Mod. The player who wins best performance of the day will gain a night action for that night only. If a player from the Good team wins, they will gain the ability of the Snob for that night (if the Snob wins, they get to submit two words/days that night). If a player from the Evil team wins, they will be able to view one player (living or dead) that night for role (Snob/Diva/Contestant).
-Check the previous game for notes on what I looked for in winning posts. I value creativity above all else, though it may also include humor, originality, relevance to the game in progress or other games, etc. I tend to not choose material copied from other sources, such as YouTube videos. I also judge performances that use in some fashion the player's keyword for the day more favorably. Players are free to completely ignore their keyword in their performances but it may likely prohibit them from winning best performance.
-I will only answer questions about what qualities I look for in winning submissions prior to dawn of D1. Once the game has started, I will no longer discuss the judging of the performances with living players.

GLOSSARY OF FREQUENT TERMS
- Keyword: a word or phrase given to players on the Good team at dawn
- Category: a broad category into which all keywords for a particular day fit into and is given to players on the Evil team at dusk.
- Solution: specific relationship between all of the keywords which only the Mod knows.
- Performance/Submission: interchangeable. The post from a player meant to be judged by the mod for best performance that day. Should (but is not required to) contain the keyword or be related to the keyword.

GENERAL RULES
-No posting between dawn/dusk and the reveal of the lynch/NK target.
-A missed order results in a missed action.
-Game orders are sticky (once entered they will persist until changed or no longer valid).
-Conditional orders are accepted.
-Zombie/Ninja posts may not contain game-influencing information. If in doubt, check with me first.
-No quoting of mod-chat.
-Do not communicate with other players about the game outside of provided channels (game thread, wolf chat, etc). An exception is players who have a chat with one another. Those players may use GM freely if they copy me on the message.
-GeekMail may be used for orders and questions if Cassie is unavailable.

ONE FINAL NOTE
-The point of this game is to encourage creativity in performances. There are no strict requirements on performance length. That being said, please keep it brief. A few sentences to a paragraph should do. If I have to read a novel to judge your submission, I will not be happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Werewolf Idol - Season 2 - IN SIGN-UP (0/13)
Player List According to Cassandra:
Accatitippi
Dekal
happyabg
kristiefix
LaSJ
lvoverride
Robb
seanp
Sharv 2.0
Talltim
Tarrant
tofarley
worshipsf

13 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/6176...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Key: Totally Bouse
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Werewolf Idol - Season 2 - IN SIGN-UP (0/13)
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bailey
United States
Hendersonville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
That's what thon said.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Werewolf Idol - Season 2 - IN SIGN-UP (1/13)
Everybody welcome my new co-mod:
Ben Ross
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

He wants to see the inner workings of Cassie so he's going to be riding shotgun and potentially helping me judge the performances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Werewolf Idol - Season 2 - IN SIGN-UP (1/13)
Suckered into another game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ross
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Re: Werewolf Idol - Season 2 - IN SIGN-UP (4/13)
Robb wrote:

Don't worry you'll love this one thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
pcservbot wrote:
Robb wrote:

Don't worry you'll love this one thumbsup

I think I will too. Elements of puzzles and deduction, on a daily basis. I am pretty much hooked

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Era
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
A friend in need is a friend indeed
badge
An enemy in need is hilarious
mbmbmbmbmb
The times aren't the best for me, but I'll fill in as judge or player if you need it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bailey
United States
Hendersonville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
That's what thon said.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Werewolf Idol - Season 2 - IN SIGN-UP (6/13)
tofarley wrote:

This game still needs more yiatzi and wife in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bailey
United States
Hendersonville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
That's what thon said.
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone tell your friends! I'd like to run this next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bailey
United States
Hendersonville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
That's what thon said.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Werewolf Idol - Season 2 - IN SIGN-UP (5/13)
Listen, I promise there will be no J-Lo in this game, so it's okay if you sign up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bosworthdelajive wrote:
Listen, I promise there will be no J-Lo in this game, so it's okay if you sign up.

J-Lo's not the one that bothers me. It's that creepy a** Steven Tyler.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bailey
United States
Hendersonville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
That's what thon said.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to use my 2,000th forum reply on BGG to bump this thread. I hope it's not wasted.

And don't worry about Steven Tyler, I have some guest judges planned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Mnar
msg tools
mbmbmb
This looks interesting - I haven't played WW on BGG before but have played on other forums / IRL.

The only issue would be that I'm a filthy Brit - I'd definitely be around for the lynch deadlines [evening my time], but prompt submissions of performances wouldn't be that practical.

Can you guys stand a filthy Brit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LippyJ wrote:
This looks interesting - I haven't played WW on BGG before but have played on other forums / IRL.

The only issue would be that I'm a filthy Brit - I'd definitely be around for the lynch deadlines [evening my time], but prompt submissions of performances wouldn't be that practical.

Well. You could take a shower. At least then you wouldn't be filthy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bailey
United States
Hendersonville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
That's what thon said.
mbmbmbmbmb
LippyJ wrote:

I can't speak for how the players would react, but from a strictly legal standpoint there would be no issue with that, provided you "performed" before dusk. You can still post and vote before you perform, because a late performance will retroactively validate your earlier vote if you get it in by dusk. The idea is that the performances should not affect LHLV.

I really hope you join as this should be a fun and interesting game. The first incarnation of this set of rules was another player's first time playing WW on BGG and she did very well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh Captain! My Captain!
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
*Buup buup*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
I like toast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bailey
United States
Hendersonville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
That's what thon said.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Werewolf Idol - Season 2 - IN SIGN-UP (8/13)
Just 5 more!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bailey
United States
Hendersonville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
That's what thon said.
mbmbmbmbmb
tofarley wrote:
bosworthdelajive wrote:
Just 5 more!!!

I don't know if I have the energy for another seer claim battle with you after my last showing, bos.

I'm modding, so I won't counter you ....unless I do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw. I just tried to delete my comment, but you snuck in there. My brain is mush lately, man. Maybe I should pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
Knowing where the trap is - that's the first step in evading it.
mbmbmbmbmb
bump

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bailey
United States
Hendersonville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
That's what thon said.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Werewolf Idol - Season 2 - IN SIGN-UP (9/13)
4 more people, we can do this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh Captain! My Captain!
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Werewolf Idol - Season 2 - IN SIGN-UP (9/13)
bosworthdelajive wrote:
4 more people, we can do this!

I, Lord Dekal, vouch for this game.

(Paraphrased: Join, plxkthxbai)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [39] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.