Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
One 'advanced' rule that got omitted from the setup process was a point-buy system, as opposed to the standard dice pool allocation.

I figured most of the visitors here would like to use it, as many are longtime playtesters.

The optional rule works like this: instead of allocating the D6, D8, D10 and D12, the player buys their dice from a pool of 36 points. The highest face of the die equals the amount of points it costs to allocate (6 points for a D6, etc...)

This can lead to some interesting builds, such as:

and so on ...

you can even involve a D4, but depending on where you apply it, it might handicap you (2AP, 4SP ... ick)

If you purchase an odd build that doesnt use ALL 36 points, the leftover points serve as additions to the Skill Point Pool at the start of the game.

Give it a shot and let me know what you think.

More cutting room floor stuff will find its way to this forum, btw

-G (The Outwriter)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deniper Deniper
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got into this game and it defiantly scratches my car combat itch better than any of the other rulesets I have tryed.

Particularly wanted to say thanks for posting this very clever bit of customization... It allows me to build cars in a rather more flavorful fashion...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mc
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I have been trying to find a way to work in using a d14 and d16. This idea might be a way to so it. Especially if you want to have a armored truck. Thematically the more armor you add the slower it would drive and worse it would handle. So thematically you could have d6 engine, d6 driver, d10 weapons and d14 armor. Sounds like a armored truck to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some auxilary bits of equipment that are D14 (D6/D8 rolled together) they count as a D12 for build purposes and usually have some drawbacks for balance (cool down, bad things happening on snake yes, etc.)

EvilJack13 wrote:
I have been trying to find a way to work in using a d14 and d16. This idea might be a way to so it. Especially if you want to have a armored truck. Thematically the more armor you add the slower it would drive and worse it would handle. So thematically you could have d6 engine, d6 driver, d10 weapons and d14 armor. Sounds like a armored truck to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mc
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
aquilaprime wrote:
There are some auxilary bits of equipment that are D14 (D6/D8 rolled together) they count as a D12 for build purposes and usually have some drawbacks for balance (cool down, bad things happening on snake yes, etc.)

EvilJack13 wrote:

Cool I know have a reason to use my D14 dice. However the only draw back is with an actual d14 you can roll a 1 where as with a d6/d8 rolled together the smallest you can roll is a 2. Though I guess the rules will really tell if a 1 vs 2 is that big if a difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was not in favor of having to buy d14s, d16s, etc. I thought it would harm sales.

Good to know they are combinations of "existing" dice. Note that I do own d14s and d16s (and a couple of d19s).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.