Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aubrey Miles
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most likely, I'll only get one, so I'm thinking hard about which to prioritize. Things that are important to me:

-Scalability: it's highly valuable to me that a game is enjoyable with two players.
-Availability: my birthday is April Fool's Day, so I want the game to be available for delivery before then. I also am a collector, so I'd be happy netting a game that will be harder to snag later.
-Being Unique: I don't have a gigantic collection (yet!), and I would love to acquire games that offer something different from what I already have. A new game mechanic would be quite welcome.

Poll
Which should I request for my birthday?
Dominant Species
Yomi
Luna
Defenders of the Realm
      32 answers
Poll created by DancingMoogle

Thanks for your input, or alternate suggestions! kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank M.
United States
upstate New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Defenders is a terrific game with very high replayability, even without its variants -- and you can play it solo just as well. (I've logged my 58th play today & it is just as much fun as the 1st time I played.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't want to repeat mechanics, skip Defenders and get Dominant Species or Yomi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aubrey Miles
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skifreak737 wrote:
Defenders is a terrific game with very high replayability, even without its variants -- and you can play it solo just as well. (I've logged my 58th play today & it is just as much fun as the 1st time I played.)

It does look really awesome. Solo play is a plus!

SubtlyArtistic wrote:
If you don't want to repeat mechanics, skip Defenders and get Dominant Species or Yomi.

I'm assuming Defenders is repeating mechanics from Arkham Horror and/or Pandemic? I was wondering if the feel of the game was any different.

For the record, I've been playing Yomi online lately and as a fighting game fan, I find it pretty exciting! I'm just worried my husband wouldn't be as enthusiastic about it since we could just play a video game instead. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingMoogle wrote:
skifreak737 wrote:

It does look really awesome. Solo play is a plus!

SubtlyArtistic wrote:

I'm assuming Defenders is repeating mechanics from Arkham Horror and/or Pandemic? I was wondering if the feel of the game was any different.

For the record, I've been playing Yomi online lately and as a fighting game fan, I find it pretty exciting! I'm just worried my husband wouldn't be as enthusiastic about it since we could just play a video game instead. ninja

Defenders is pretty much a retheme of Pandemic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Foldenauer
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey cool. we share a birthday! I will second the thoughts on DotR. You own Pandemic. If you want to go in a new direction with mechanics, DotR won't do it. Yomi or Dominant Species both will. I suspect you will get more long term enjoyment out of Dominant Species.

Personally, I would load up your wishlist with games and let them have the fun of picking between your awesome desires. You get some surprise and you get a game you'll love.

Happy gaming.

-Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.