Descent: The Road to Legend» Forums » Variants

Subject: Treachery without other expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sonny sonny
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I submitted alternate Treachery abilities for use without the expansions. The OL can buy upgrades to existing cards instead of using the simplyfied treachery variant. It also includes substitute lists for more different spawns (partly also with treachery costs) that need only the Jitd cards.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/63749/treachery-variant-wi...

When buying Treachery, the Overlord may pick from these options. Bought options may be returned and repicked every time a new Treachery point (of any color) is bought. The mentioned cards‘ effect (of all cards if multiples exist) is replaced or amended as described, not mentioned values (like threat cost) are unchanged. „In addition“ means additional to the original effect.

example:
Mimic (1): The figure is a Naga instead of a Beastman.

if you buy Mimic(1) for (1) green treasure, this card now spawns a Naga instead of a Beastman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Schindler
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! Cool! Cool!
My Group wouldn't use it because i'm the overlord and i've 75 conquest tokens more then they have. But this thing rocks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sonny sonny
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thx!
maybe if you additionally pay 5ct every time you use it =) altough a better solution would probably be starting over and give them some other sort of help (like a printout of one of the strategy guides here, or bonus xp or skills).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris ward
Scotland
Paisley
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks really nice. We don't have any of the expansions yet (Descent was a xmas gift for my 9 yo daughter who loves it). I'd like to let my daughter try this out next time she overlords, it'd make her very happy to put red doggies on the board and it should tide us over until we pick up Well of Drakness.

Have you tried using this variant in vanilla descent? which is how we would be using it.

- Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sonny sonny
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no, since vanilla quests don't have treachery ratings. you'll have to find a way to determine the amount of available treachery. i guess you could go from the vanilla quests power rating (somewhere in the files i think, or in the forum) and give the OL 1 treachery for each rating point below 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris ward
Scotland
Paisley
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Sonny,

There are treachery ratings for the base game quests lsited here:
http://www.descentinthedark.com/_t_/treachery.php

I think they are taken from WoD and/or AoD.

- chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.