Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Bryon
England
New Addington
Croydon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find it in the rules or FAQ, but when exactly does a player lose ownership of a link he is not extending? Is it immediately at the end of his turn during the build track phase, or at the end of the phase before moving goods? It makes a pretty big difference, so any clarification would be most welcome.

Jon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They lose ownership of an incomplete link at the end of *THEIR* track-building phase in the turn in which they did not extend the link - which allows the very next player in track-building turn order to extend it and claim it for their own (unless they too lose control of it later, by not extending an incomplete link).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Players must extend an incomplete track in the following round. If they haven't done so, at the end of their turn, they lose ownership of it.

This means that players placing rail after them in the turn order may extend it if they meet the requirements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petras Ražanskas
Lithuania
Kaunas
Kauno apskritis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonbryon wrote:
I can't find it in the rules or FAQ, but when exactly does a player lose ownership of a link he is not extending? Is it immediately at the end of his turn during the build track phase, or at the end of the phase before moving goods? It makes a pretty big difference, so any clarification would be most welcome.

Jon

I fail to see the "pretty big difference" since you can't move goods over incomplete links anyway. However, we played that the control is lost at the end of the building phase.

I was wrong, apparently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the best way to look at it is that the links become unowned at the beginning of the player's build phase. During the build phase, the player may reclaim any of his incomplete links the same way he may claim links abandoned by others: By extending the track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bryon
England
New Addington
Croydon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone.

Jon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.