flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. GT 1400
initial actions
* AA-N2 keeps DEFEND orders as outlined in the setup condition
* Pr-I-III keep DEFEND orders as outlined in the setup condition

chit pull phase
Fr-III (by initial action as set by rules) - ATTACK orders (as given by rules outline)
* bombards into St. Amand (1) causing disruption (DIS)
* 8th Div starts to attack against St. Amand, but stalled at the perimeters
Fr-IV - PROBE orders (dr=C)
* bombards Prussian Lehmann (2), causing DIS and a -1 SP of 3/7th
* 12th Div attacks into Ligny, causing a -1 SP, but no retreat out of town
Fr-II Cav - ATTACK orders (dr=1T)
* no actions
AA-5th Div
* Picton moves towards HQ
Fr-I Cav - ATTACK orders (Pajol ignores the orders!)
Fr-Gd - MARCH orders (dr=C)
* all units march straight North inbetween the linking of Pr-I and-II Corps
AA-N2
** moves to defencive position at Q-1209
Pr-III
* moves towards defencive line from Sombreffe to Tongrinne
Fr-III Cav - PROBE orders (as given by rule outlines)
* moves up towards Bossu Forest
AA-Brun
* moves towards HQ along road to QB
Pr-II
* moves into defensive position along Ligny river
Pr-I
* bombards across river onto Fr-IV (2), gaining a DIS and -1 SP on Shoeffer
FR-II
* Fr-5th Div probes N2-Weimar (voluntary retreat 1 hex), Fr-Campi advances

END of TURN - PICTURES
1) end of GT at QB

2) end of GT at Ligny

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the review and the effort you stuck in it, with all those screenshots appearing in the gallery.

However,
I think it's common courtesy to start a session report noting basically the only thing you use from Napoleon's Last Battles is the map: game is altered from IGOUGO to a chitpull system with written orders, I believe? All rules are changed and even the counters are not from the original game, correct?
Same for the pics. People might expect those counters though they are home made, aren't they? Small comment or caption remark would help a lot, to put things into perspective.

Lastly, I would very much like a like to where this variant can be found, as you certainly have spiked my interest.

(Maybe this is all moot and in part 1, but I can't find it. And first time I drooled over NLB I was really thrown off to find out all this stuff is not in the base game)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas E. Gebhardt
Germany
Birkenwerder
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
_Kael_ wrote:
I like the review and the effort you stuck in it, with all those screenshots appearing in the gallery.

However,
I think it's common courtesy to start a session report noting basically the only thing you use from Napoleon's Last Battles is the map: game is altered from IGOUGO to a chitpull system with written orders, I believe? All rules are changed and even the counters are not from the original game, correct?
Same for the pics. People might expect those counters though they are home made, aren't they? Small comment or caption remark would help a lot, to put things into perspective.

Lastly, I would very much like a like to where this variant can be found, as you certainly have spiked my interest.

(Maybe this is all moot and in part 1, but I can't find it. And first time I drooled over NLB I was really thrown off to find out all this stuff is not in the base game)

Dear "Kael",

Oh my God!! What should I reply on an accusation like that, concerning "common courtesy" starting an AAR, noting the framework of intent, etc......

Actually you pointed the correct direction:
_Kael_ wrote:
(Maybe this is all moot and in part 1, but I can't find it.

I would say: RIGHT you are!!! As you could imagine a (2) would most probably have a (1) beforehand! What I have encountert is a problem I encountered already earlier. The upload process just cuts a longer narrative (in my case actual case the system cutted just after the two added pictures of the setup situation after the preliminary explainations of rule set used, thoughts incorporated, etc.. So I was forced by the system to cut the AAR in smaller parts.

After done the first page, I worked the second page (this one) and got my first page back from an Administrator declining part (1) arguing that this page wouldn't be called an AAR, so he had to decline it!!!

I'm totally sorry about system problems and Administrators who couldn't think of getting more pages for an AAR after a (1) page is uploaded....

Andy (521tiger)

PS:
Just to answer your questions in a "correct" matter:
(1) the rule system is the NLB-"refit" rule set by Markus Stumptner
(2) the map is from the DG (2nd) Edition
(3) counters are made by Mikolaj Lenczewski and offered by him for download at the ConSimWorld folder of NLB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a bunch!

reason I was quite harsh is that it really took me some time to figure out what the game is and what the variant. As the Markus Stumptner variant seems to get a lot of exposure on BGG.

I'm looking forward to the links in part one and please, don't feel attacked. I like your AAR and am looking forward to the variant rules & counters, once part 1 is up for show
thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I'll have to concur with "521tiger" in regards with insipid decision-makings of the 'Mods' for these. It is WHY they need to REQUIRE those on having some 'credentials' FOR doing whatever, beyond being themselves. They won't at BGG, due to whatever BIAS they currently hold, and THAT is a disservice to these others of whom write up anything, and then have some IGNORAMUS totally 'dis' theirs with such outcomes. WE here, have to inculcate the others on behaving more responsibly? You certainly can't RELY on them to do this themselves, the lazy "B"s!
shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas E. Gebhardt
Germany
Birkenwerder
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
I'll have to concur with "521tiger" in regards with insipid decision-makings of the 'Mods' for these. It is WHY they need to REQUIRE those on having some 'credentials' FOR doing whatever, beyond being themselves. They won't at BGG, due to whatever BIAS they currently hold, and THAT is a disservice to these others of whom write up anything, and then have some IGNORAMUS totally 'dis' theirs with such outcomes. WE here, have to inculcate the others on behaving more responsibly? You certainly can't RELY on them to do this themselves, the lazy "B"s!
shake

Robert,

sorry of being or just sounding harsh. Perhaps it was of the prior treatment of "Kael" and the system cut. Years ago when trying to upload a game review and later a game session I had massiv problems to get the narrative within one or two threads, because the systems always cuts whole lines or rest of paras off.

That was the reason I uploaded (1) AND (2) just more or less together to buy time for preparing the other GT-pages.

I don't want to critize Admin's work, because I thing they do a great job by getting all things done smooth and easy...

So, perhaps you can lead the way or at least guide through a more complex upload.
...and if my comment was too harsh, I am ready to scratch it off anytime (but then your comment should be changed too, because otherwise the comment would point to an argument what doesn't appear anymore...)

Andy (521tiger)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.