Subject: The Uneasy Translator & Neutrals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan F.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmb
I got a question about The Uneasy Translator card. I asked several days ago on the FFG forum but didn't get a clear answer.

Uneasy Translator
2 (A) 2
[Miskatonic University Character]
Faculty.

Action: Exhaust Uneasy Translator to choose a character. That character gains +2 skill for each character in play from a different faction from it.

What happens, when I choose a neutral character?, since neutrals actually don't count as a faction.

And if I have some neutral characters in game and give a regular faction character the bonus. Do I count the neutrals in too?

I hope you guys can help me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not really sure but my gut instinct says that a neutral faction character would get the bonus from other non-neutral faction characters.

If you applied it to a non-neutral faction character I would say they would gain it from neutral faction characters.

I am most likely wrong though, but that is how I would have played it.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Close Michael, you're half right.

The neutral character would gain skill bonus equal to each faction in play. The non-neutral character would NOT count neutral characters in the skill bonus because they don't have a faction. You have to have a faction in order for that faction to be different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan F.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the replies, I hope I understand it correctly, one can say that choosing a neutral character would technically bring the most benefit, since he counts more different characters than a guy with an actual faction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears that is correct! (assuming that both players have faction characters out anyway)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.