Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesper Brøchner
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I played my first game yesterday and im already loving it

My question is about the sorcerer ability.
I dont understand at time the ability can be used?
Is it at the beginning of the other players turn, in the middle of the turn, or is it at the end (after the player as redeployed)?

/Torcida

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
It's during your turn, not the other player.

So while you are conquering you can replace a lone active race token of an opponent you could attack (usually adjacent) with a new sorcerer from the box. You can only do this to each other player once during your conquering phase. Next turn, you could do it to each of them again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Brøchner
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
It's during your turn, not the other player.

So while you are conquering you can replace a lone active race token of an opponent you could attack (usually adjacent) with a new sorcerer from the box. You can only do this to each other player once during your conquering phase. Next turn, you could do it to each of them again.

Aaaahhh...thanks for the answer

Looking forward to play it again tonight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Just for emphasis it is only active races that can be zapped by sorcerers. A common mistake is to allow them to zap opponent's declined races or even the lost tribes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
You also can't use the Sorceror power after your last conquest of the turn, nor can you use it when you have no units on the board (unless you're Flying).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rumaley
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thatmarkguy wrote:
You also can't use the Sorceror power after your last conquest of the turn,
Clarification of the clarification: you can't use the power after rolling the reinforcement die, but you can use it after you have placed the last token from your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.