Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dmitry Vensko
Belarus
Minsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know, even the base game is not released yet

Still I wonder if Ian Cooper is willing to add something to the game later. More ship types (Taktika as example)? Unique races?

I'm just crying...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I don't think expansions are necessary for this game, it might be neat to have one or more special abilities for each starting faction. These could be easily distributed on cards that are randomly dealt out, and might be on par with the power of level 1 or 2 technologies in the game. Otherwise, new alternate tech trees for each of the 4 planet colours could be an option (perhaps double-sided playmats for more variety), or maybe adding a 5th planet colour (and tech tree) to dilute the others might make for an interesting variant.

Another idea is just a variant allowing each faction to start at level 1 for one or maybe two technologies. This would probably speed up the game, as it wouldn't take as long to get to the powerful level 4 technologies that allow one to really rack up the VPs.

What I'd really love to see is an official "deluxe" playing surface for this game. I know it would cost a lot to ship/distribute, especially if it is rigid, but as someone who absolutely loves this game, I'd certainly be willing to pay for a full-art surface without seams. I'm currently in the process of determining the best home-made surface balancing performance with budget/simplicity: lacquered plywood (a la Crokinole), a thin clear plexiglass overlay, or a neoprene (mouse pad-like) flexible mat (similar to this one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.