Subject: Image Gallery: version link not visible in "More..." rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marleen O
Netherlands
near Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When browsing an Image Gallery of a game and selecting "More..." below an image, the last three lines are:
Also linked to:
Add Link»
Add Version Link»

It looks like the "Also linked to" section is always empty, even when the image does have a link to a specific version of the game. The link to the version shows up correctly in the detail page of the image.

Example: this image
in the Flying Colors gallery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmb
You are right--this was not working properly. I removed the links for now, because loading them on every page would hurt site performance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marleen O
Netherlands
near Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dakarp wrote:
I removed the links for now, because loading them on every page would hurt site performance.

That was indeed one of the possible solutions I had in mind: either show the versions or do not show anything about versions at all.
I see why it would hurt performance if the versions were shown on the gallery page (database queries etc), and I imagine that with a busy site like BGG performance is very important.

Thanks for fixing this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.