Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Everyone,

SelenA and I have been batting around the idea of a WW road trip for a while now. We have also been talking about doing a cross country trip for our honeymoon - you know in the remaining year that we are still young enough to drive for weeks on end.

Recently we have been talking about putting these ideas together.

After our wedding this May, we are currently planning to go cross country. Down the east coast, west through the south, up the west coast, and then east on home.

Although we plan on stopping in particular areas, and getting hotels and participating in romantic adventures, we would also like to visit some of you with whom we have made good connections and spend a night seeing your town and playing some games with you.

I'd love for anyone who would be willing to host us for a night or two, and show us around their worlds to send me or Sel msg or respond here. We'd really love to spend more time with those of you we've already met, and get to spend some time with those of you who are still slightly hazy people behind well known avatars and forum personalities.

Let us know! And thanks in advance for adding a little extra fun and excitement into our post-wedding adventure!

Love,
Josh and Dawn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
Knowing where the trap is - that's the first step in evading it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Luck guys!!!!

I live in Oxford, UK (so that's probably a bit out your way ). Sounds like you could have a great trip before you though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jamgar wrote:
Good Luck guys!!!!

I live in Oxford, UK (so that's probably a bit out your way ). Sounds like you could have a great trip before you though

If we get generous wedding gifts maybe we can convert the car to a boat and motor on across the pond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I expect your neighbor just down the road will be your first stop

Sounds like a fun trip!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawn
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Hi! I'm SelenA. Please don't kill me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Karmic_devil wrote:
jamgar wrote:
Good Luck guys!!!!

I live in Oxford, UK (so that's probably a bit out your way :( ). Sounds like you could have a great trip before you though

If we get generous wedding gifts maybe we can convert the car to a boat and motor on across the pond. :p

That would be awesome!!! :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
OMG come to Portland!!!!

Though I can't host unless you don't mind spending your honeymoon on separate couches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're happy to put you up in the DC area, though it might depend a bit on timing (I know my mom is visiting toward the end of May, for example). Congrats on the wedding!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ƒireƒly
United States
Millbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric sees no problem with you guys staying with us...
and I could always make a double batch of my super epic penne alfredo for you guys ;]

Everyone whose had it says it's one of the best things they've ever eaten...

Of course, neither of you will be on a diet when you get down here, right? Lactose intolerance? Anything? *whistle*

And depending on how you guys care about sleeping, we have an excellent floor. [kidding]

Only one couch, but I don't mind the floor if you guys wanted to take the bed - or we can pull out the air mattress. Whatever works. kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
OMG come to Portland!!!!

Though I can't host unless you don't mind spending your honeymoon on separate couches.

We'll be BOOAM (Bringing Our Own Air Mattress)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poolyxpop wrote:
Eric sees no problem with you guys staying with us...
and I could always make a double batch of my super epic penne alfredo for you guys ;]

Everyone whose had it says it's one of the best things they've ever eaten...

Of course, neither of you will be on a diet when you get down here, right? Lactose intolerance? Anything? *whistle*

And depending on how you guys care about sleeping, we have an excellent floor. [kidding]

Only one couch, but I don't mind the floor if you guys wanted to take the bed - or we can pull out the air mattress. Whatever works. kiss

Dawn is a "vegetarian" and I don't eat pigs. And I LOVE this way this is shaping up after like 5 minutes of post time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a Queen-sized sleeper sofa and Austin has some of the best vegetarian options in the country. Plus, I can show you some rockin' places and we'll get in some awesome games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Karmic_devil wrote:
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
OMG come to Portland!!!!

We'll be BOOAM (Bringing Our Own Air Mattress)

Heck, if it's late enough in May you might even want to pitch a tent in our backyard. Spring/summer is BEAUTIFUL here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Scientist Philip von Doomula
United States
Orono
ME
flag msg tools
"I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you stop over at my place?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action
United States
Hickory
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are more than welcome in NC!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily
United States
Hickory
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YES!!!!

As long as you aren't scared of our kids....cause let's face it, sometimes I'm scared of them.

We're in western North Carolina, a good stop after the DC area, maybe? And beautiful in late spring/early summer. Yay, so excited!!!

(can you tell we don't get alot of visitors? Val said she would come, but she never did. soblue )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quarashi wrote:

You should just tag along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Morphine
msg tools
mb
Karmic_devil wrote:
jamgar wrote:
Good Luck guys!!!!

If we get generous wedding gifts maybe we can convert the car to a boat and motor on across the pond.

This! This!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davidenkinderen wrote:
Karmic_devil wrote:
jamgar wrote:
Good Luck guys!!!!

This! This!

You're in France now? See how not keeping in touch keeps me in the dark?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Here to Help!
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The Computer is your Friend
mb
If you do get a car-boat, you can hop across the Pacific to Japan. I know a guy there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Scientist Philip von Doomula
United States
Orono
ME
flag msg tools
"I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
greek2me wrote:
Quarashi wrote:

You should just tag along.

The honeymoon 3rd wheel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Quarashi wrote:

The honeymoon 3rd wheel.

Someone needs to ensure the wall of pillows is built up. I was quite certain Dawn and Josh had settled on the Victorian marriage ideal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're both vegetarian, so we can show you some good places to eat around the DC region. You have to be okay with cats and dogs, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
StatSig wrote:
We're both vegetarian, so we can show you some good places to eat around the DC region. You have to be okay with cats and dogs, though.

Wait... You're vegetarian, but eat cats and dogs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nyriv wrote:
StatSig wrote:

Wait... You're vegetarian, but eat cats and dogs?

XD Didn't realize how those two statements sounded next to each other. I meant they had to be okay with us having cats and dogs to stay with us

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Central Oregon welcomes you with open arms, but it's a little off the interstate. It's gorgeous here, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.