United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night, about halfway through the Iraq 1991 campaign, I drew an Improvement Target (#47 Central Commend) card with 6 pilots, many sites and bandits, high hit points, and a pretty far location (so -WP +ST).

Even though several most my pilots were stressed to either Shaken or almost Shaken, I decided to try to destroy this Target so that the Improvement wouldn't affect me (although, looking back: it wasn't even that bad of an Improvement). I used way too much SO for Phoenix missiles, the Tanker option, and GBU bombs. I added my E-2C.

And I lost...all of the pilots that went on the mission were either Shaken or Unfit (luckily, although 2 planes were damaged--one that had been loaded with the expensive bombs cry -- no pilots were lost). I spent another 9 SO for Priority R&R.

Then I had to apply the Improvement...

For the next day, I choose a Target card and it is #21 Convoy (with 3 Pilots, and pretty easy, comparatively!), and its Bonus for destroying it is to get rid of any Improvement card! If I had just chosen ONE MORE CARD the day before... shake

Anyway, I flew this with 3 pilots and no SO spent and won, getting rid of the previous Improvement card, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.