Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey.

I tried searching the forum, but got overwhelmed with the sheer amount of stuff that got thrown back at me, so forgive me if this has been asked already.

My fiancee has wanted Munchkin for a couple of months now, so I made a trade to get this game & Munchkin 2: unnatural axe. Well, I recieved this today, and I opened it - it looks great. But the cards have different coloured backs.

One set of door cards have real dark backs, while others are more light. Is this because of different printings, or because of the expansion, or what is it?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At some point (around expansion 4, I believe), they decided to make the backs of one of the two types of cards lighter.
Apparently people had problems distinguishing between doors and treasures in the original releases.
As reprints of old expansions and the base game has been made, they have gotten the same treatment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbc- wrote:
At some point (around expansion 4, I believe), they decided to make the backs of one of the two types of cards lighter.
Apparently people had problems distinguishing between doors and treasures in the original releases.
As reprints of old expansions and the base game has been made, they have gotten the same treatment.

Given that people are encouraged to mix different versions of Munchkin (with different backs) and that there's even a Munchkin Blender set (with its own unique backs) I don't think this is considered a problem by most players. There are so many different cards that it's not likely you can engage in any sort of "card counting" or the like and even if you did. it probably would make a difference (considering the overall chaos level). My Munchkin set is all mixed up with the different backs and I haven't noticed it making any difference in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't ruining something by mixing the decks. Thanks a bunch, guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.