4 Posts

Descent: The Road to Legend» Forums » Variants

Subject: Discarding rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
andrei rusnac
Canada
flag msg tools
I was wondering how you are playing the discard cards, the ones concernings the heroes like the Crystal of Tival. I mean in vanilla it`s easy you just get the benefit and good bye card but in the advanced campaign we played it differently, i.e. you can only use the card once per dungeon or encounter, then you flip it and keep it the even sell it if you will. After being fliped it still counts as an object in your backpack.
We did this ecause we thought discard does not mean destroy hence not the gravyard. We thought of putting it back in the the treasure chests but we gave it a shot with the above setting and the game seem to be slightly more balanced, less running and wasting tme for the heroes.
We haven`t yet encountered any major flaw with it, I mean the obvious benefit are that it saves some money (free healing and fatigue), saves time no trip to tamalir and it makes more sense to spend money to have, it. The obvious draback is that it takes more space.
In case you were wondering even with this the heroes lost a couple of game big time. Currently we`re having a new campaign, where the heroes dominate 49 to 24 but the heroes kept blitzing all over and even very lucky, already visited 6 dungeons. This is the first one we have where the heroes are good so hopefully they`ll win at least once, haven`t yet had a good one where they do, hoepfully they won`t run out of dungeons . (We played with the above rule since the start and it never made the game easy, just a little more fun, more treasure, battle ).
So tell me what you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Discard means discard. You don't have 'dis card anymore!

These items should go back into the treasure deck when used. That makes them pretty rubbish, but there are worse items out here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
andrusca89 wrote:

We did this ecause we thought discard does not mean destroy hence not the gravyard.

Well, you were half right. Discard does not mean graveyard, however discard DOES still mean discard. It gets returned to the treasure deck discard pile just like always.

corbon wrote:
Discard means discard. You don't have 'dis card anymore!

Heh. Good one. =P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S C
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
I was under the impression discarded cards go into a "discard pile", until its appropriate treasure deck is depleted then those discarded cards get reshuffled to form a new deck? Same with the Feat cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.