Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Nightfall» Forums » General

Subject: Lucky dip! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Taylor
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well my girlfriend is one if the only two people in the UK to have luckily won a copy in the 100 day contest. I have just finally sat down and pulled it to pieces and played through it a few times.
Ive had to make my own dividers for the box but it certainly makes picking the 31 different card types easier to find when setting up!

Well the bottom line is that Im not a great CCG player and tbh I am a complete newb really when it comes to things like this. The only reason my gf and I signed up for the competition was that i had signed up for some AEG testing and I happened to be on the website!

Basically I really really really like it! As a newb Ive found it very easy to pick up, one of the comments made so far is that because it is has a limited number of cards but at the moment until I have a strategy down this makes it perfect for me to get my head around.

The chaining system is great, the fact that other people can latch onto your chain is brilliant and the few games I have played this really is the main mechanic that makes this game aggressive.

Im taking it down to our local gaming group in Nottingham on Tuesday so Ill give some more feedback then when Ive hopefully played it with 2-4 people.

Nice one AEG!!
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I see more and more people posting about how their wife, sister, 3-year-old son, mother-in-law, great-grandfather, and so on, managed to win a copy of Nightfall. Seems like the secret of winning lies with recruiting one's whole family tree. Nice to hear your girlfriend likes it, by the way...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
United States
Slippery Rock
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
:l
Avatar
mbmb
kostool13 wrote:
I see more and more people posting about how their wife, sister, 3-year-old son, mother-in-law, great-grandfather, and so on, managed to win a copy of Nightfall. Seems like the secret of winning lies with recruiting one's whole family tree. Nice to hear your girlfriend likes it, by the way...


Makes me think if I should sign up my mother-in-law or not....
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gripen wrote:
kostool13 wrote:
I see more and more people posting about how their wife, sister, 3-year-old son, mother-in-law, great-grandfather, and so on, managed to win a copy of Nightfall. Seems like the secret of winning lies with recruiting one's whole family tree. Nice to hear your girlfriend likes it, by the way...


Makes me think if I should sign up my mother-in-law or not....


Depends on how much she hates you... if you think enough to burn any copy she wins in front of you, I'd say not to sign her up...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
United States
Slippery Rock
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
:l
Avatar
mbmb
kostool13 wrote:
Gripen wrote:
kostool13 wrote:
I see more and more people posting about how their wife, sister, 3-year-old son, mother-in-law, great-grandfather, and so on, managed to win a copy of Nightfall. Seems like the secret of winning lies with recruiting one's whole family tree. Nice to hear your girlfriend likes it, by the way...


Makes me think if I should sign up my mother-in-law or not....


Depends on how much she hates you... if you think enough to burn any copy she wins in front of you, I'd say not to sign her up...

Good one..!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.