Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked this game enough to give it a 7 out of 10. I think it is under-rated, because it has some neat mechanics (although the bridge was a bit silly and not nearly sturdy enough on the top section). However, I eventually sold it, because I couldn't get anyone to play it.

By the way - you do know that the second Balrog card in your picture is upside down, don't you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice review. I didn't expect to like this game at all, but actually enjoyed it. I still traded it away because it's not a game my wife and I would want to play on a regular basis, but I do think it is underrated.

Total agreement on the Balrog cards. We used the small flames in the diamonds on the sides to determine the orientation, as they are less ambiguous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell
Netherlands
Zutphen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice review.
I found that the grey frame around the balrog cards is darker at the bottom, signifying orientation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
collapsing wave wrote:
Nice review.
I found that the grey frame around the balrog cards is darker at the bottom, signifying orientation.

I have to say, I have never understood the complaint that the balrog cards are difficult to figure out orientation for. They have flame icons on them and to me the flames are clearly going up in one direction only and make it very easy to figure out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.