Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Memoir '44» Forums » General

Subject: Playing Logistics: after markers, colours???? alternative soldier models? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leslie Taylor
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Index.aspx
This website has reviews of various mini's based on quality and historical accuracy. I have been considering upgrading my set with unique figures. This site is helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Wyman
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
You could just take a can of spray paint; a dull grey and shiny brighter green for Axis and Allies each should help them pop out more.

I haven’t had any issues in telling the difference but I’m fairly hue sensitive - to the point that I can fairly easily tell an expansion card from a base set in card building games by the backside without difficulty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've intoroduced a lot o new players to the game over the last three months. A few have mentioned having problemd telling the differnece between the US and German figures.

I think grey plastic for the Germans would have been better.

Growing up I collected HO scale figures from Airfix. I have several hundred and have kept them all these years. I've based many of my German and British soldiers on pennies and use them in my Overlord games.

This has saved me from having to buy the Med Pack for now. I always say use what ya got.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Müller
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Spray can is a good solution. Better is of course to paint them. or paint just the bases of the germans light grey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.