Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Watkins
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Instructions use the paraphrase word (straights) when saying chains also let you search for aces. However, in the examples it simply says (x) normal attacks in a row produce aces.

So is it just straights or any series of normal attacks.

I'm thinking you choose a 9 throw and then go 2,3. Is that 3 normal combo cards worth one Ace?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, because throws are not attacks.

The only character who can use multiple attacks in a row without it being a straight is Valerie, and her out of order chains do count for powerup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the examples section, I think there's a good example in there.

But yeah, Chad is right. The requirement for powering up with combos is that you must chain 3 normal attacks in a row for 1 ace, 4 for 2, 5, for 3, and 6 for all 4 aces. Throws are not normal attacks, so 9-2-3 doesn't work. For val, Jaina or setsuki though, 9-2-3-4 WOULD work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I thought I understood the combo system until I read the examples section of the rules booklet. The rules are simple to understand but only examples can properly do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.