She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Coming March 14 to a forum near you.

This is an experimental hidden roles game for 21 players based on the first season of the re-imagined Doctor Who. Balance has been striven for but cannot be guaranteed, though I promise it will be fun for all.

Public Knowledge:

1. The game will run on the usual Day/Night Cycle.
2. There will be a normal lynch each day.
3. There may be one or more Night Kills each night.
4. Every player will have a uniquely named role but players who need them will have cover roles.
5. Upon death, a player's status as Human or Alien will be revealed to the thread.
6. There will be mechanisms in place that will make an all-reveal very uncomfortable for at least one team.
7. Players will either be Good or Evil, though there are alternate victory conditions.
8. There is no conversion in the classic sense, though Victory Conditions may change based on player actions.
9. Knowledge of the series can be both helpful and a hindrance. I've done this purposefully.
10. Please have fun and all constructive feedback is welcome after the game concludes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Doctor Who - Season 1
Player List According to Cassandra:
BlackSheep
dcorrin
Dispaminite
ElAdoranSureshot
gdapkus
Gelatinous Goo
Gregarius
jageroxorz
Javal
karmic_devil
kuchick
Livia
nyriv
Poolyxpop
raid1280
redemption99
Robb
Sharv 2.0
tartanninja
Whirlinghurly
Zyxistal

21 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/6191...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ƒireƒly
United States
Millbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally in this, hahaha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M.
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Corlis
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous.
badge
I'm nine hundred and three years old, and I'm the man who's gonna save your lives and all six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, hell yes. LOVE Dr. Who.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen one episode of Dr. Who ("Blink") and wasn't terribly impressed, but I'll sign up because Greek's rolesets are awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
StatSig wrote:
I've seen one episode of Dr. Who ("Blink") and wasn't terribly impressed, but I'll sign up because Greek's rolesets are awesome.

Despite the noise around Blink, I wouldn't rate it one of the best episodes... it's a Doctor Who episode with a minor role for the title character, and his companion. If you have netflixs, I believe seasons 1-4 are on there if you have the time. Warning: season 1 is probably the weakest.

I'll likely be signing up soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robb wrote:
StatSig wrote:

Despite the noise around Blink, I wouldn't rate it one of the best episodes... it's a Doctor Who episode with a minor role for the title character, and his companion. If you have netflixs, I believe seasons 1-4 are on there if you have the time. Warning: season 1 is probably the weakest.

Meh. Our housemate has been watching it and I've caught bits and pieces here and there, and it just has seemed a bit too hokey for me. It takes a seriously good TV show to hook me, or at least a star that I'm particularly interested in (which is what got me to watch most of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles until I found out the show was canceled with a cliffhanger ending and decided I didn't really want to invest myself anymore in something that wouldn't get resolved). I know that it's heresy to not like Dr. Who, but it just never seemed my speed from what I caught.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically, this should either be Series 1 or Season 27.

There were some gems in Eccleston's run, but yeah, there was definitely also some naff stuff. Tennant's run was better, and improved constantly, but still had some weak spots.

Stat, if you do want to try out the new Doctor Who, you might be best off having a clean break and starting with nuWho Series 5, which is where Matt Smith takes over as the Eleventh Doctor.

Or you could cherry-pick and watch some of the best episodes from Series 1-4, of course. The Empty Child / Doctor Dances two-parter, or Dalek, or the Girl in the Fireplace, or Human Nature / Family of Blood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StatSig wrote:
Meh. Our housemate has been watching it and I've caught bits and pieces here and there, and it just has seemed a bit too hokey for me.

Oh yeah, tongue firmly in cheek required. The original run was affectionately famed for its rubbish SFX and ludicrous plots, and the new writers pretty much embraced the wackiness, while upping the budget and pouring on the melodrama. It's nothing like the BSG reimagining.

I mean, the most terrifying alien race in the series, the biggest threat to life and reality...are five-foot tall pepperpots armed with plungers, egg whisks and Morris Minor indicator lights. You can't take that seriously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, I have to sign up. Deadlines are a touch awkward for me, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:

Stat, if you do want to try out the new Doctor Who,

I appreciate the advice on which episodes to watch! Honestly, though, I'm not too chuffed about the idea of starting any new TV shows. I'd rather catch up on the giant pile of video games I still need to try, a ridiculous Netflix queue of movies, books (oh god Wise Man's Fear arrives in a couple weeks oh god oh god), and a bunch of great board games that haven't gotten touched in awhile than try to start another TV show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
Alright, I have to sign up. Deadlines are a touch awkward for me, though.

Heh, I don't even check deadlines much anymore. If people don't like me not being around at lynch, well, they can deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
lol yes i am teh stabbr
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
I just signed up on Cassandra. But I took my tardis to April and saw the finished game. I was awesome and my team won spectacularly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh Captain! My Captain!
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
*Insert witty Dr. Who quote*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Like...

Allons-y Alonzo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
tap-tap-tap-tap
tap-tap-tap-tap

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StatSig wrote:
Robb wrote:
StatSig wrote:

Meh. Our housemate has been watching it and I've caught bits and pieces here and there, and it just has seemed a bit too hokey for me. It takes a seriously good TV show to hook me, or at least a star that I'm particularly interested in (which is what got me to watch most of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles until I found out the show was canceled with a cliffhanger ending and decided I didn't really want to invest myself anymore in something that wouldn't get resolved). I know that it's heresy to not like Dr. Who, but it just never seemed my speed from what I caught.

What I love about Doctor Who is that it embraces its campiness and still manages to tell good stories about human nature. There are some really cheesy bad moments and there are some awesome ones as well. The fourth series is by far the best one. The Doctor and Donna Noble just have this wonderful chemistry and she's so sassy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
greek2me wrote:
StatSig wrote:
Robb wrote:
StatSig wrote:

What I love about Doctor Who is that it embraces its campiness and still manages to tell good stories about human nature. There are some really cheesy bad moments and there are some awesome ones as well. The fourth series is by far the best one. The Doctor and Donna Noble just have this wonderful chemistry and she's so sassy.

I think Donna is by far the best companion (in the new series; I can't say anything about the older ones) but when I try to think of my favorite episodes they all seem to be ones that included Martha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
I think Donna is by far the best companion (in the new series; I can't say anything about the older ones)

It's all about Ace. The TVtropes "Crowning Moment of Awesome" meme was originally inspired by a scene in Remembrance where Ace beat a Dalek to death with a baseball bat.

Dalek: Small human female sighted on Level Three.
Ace: Who are you calling small?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the same story, after the Doctor has told everyone how to disable Daleks, Ace blows one to bits with a rocket luncher. The Doctor is not pleased.

Doctor: You destroyed it!
Ace: I aimed for the eyepiece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, to be fair, it wasn't a NORMAL baseball bat. But yeah. That was awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Doctor Who - Series 1 (16/21)
Also: Favorite episodes include

The Hollow Child/The Doctor Dances (Rose)
The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit (Rose)
Human Nature/The Family of Blood (Martha)
Utopia/The Sound of Drums/The Last of the Time Lords (Martha)
Voyage of the Damned (Kylie Minogue!)
Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead (Donna)
The Stolen Earth/Journey's End (Donna...so heart wrenching)
The Entire Fifth Series (Amy & Rory)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ƒireƒly
United States
Millbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Doctor Who - Series 1 (16/21)
Best ever would have to be the angels.

They were vicious.

Those statues? Yeah. Don't blink

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [81] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.