Subject: Expansion Deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C. J. Robinson
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
I've read the rules and this looks like an interesting game. I worry about getting bored with the existing set of painting and artists, it seems to beg for an expansion deck of commisson paintings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean MacDoanld
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Palladin wrote:
I've read the rules and this looks like an interesting game. I worry about getting bored with the existing set of painting and artists, it seems to beg for an expansion deck of commisson paintings.

Hello C.J.,

Adding expansion decks of commission cards is a great idea, I hope it happens.

Best Regards,
Sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Bentz
United States
National City
California
flag msg tools
badge
I live my life in growing orbits, which move out over the things of the world. Perhaps I can never achieve the last, but that will be my attempt.
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the idea of expansions with this! The possibilities seem endless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
sproutgrrl wrote:
I love the idea of expansions with this! The possibilities seem endless.

I don't know what artists are included in Pastiche, but I would love to see John Constable's famous 'Haywain' included.

I was wondering if an 'advanced' expansion could include tints (i.e. mixing a red with white to create pink, etc. (in the same way that a player is required to mix black and white to make grey))?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
It might also be a good idea to increase the number of works by the same artist by an extra card - so you would have 3 commissions per artist in the deck, instead of the current 2.

Artist bonus points, at game end, would still only be awarded for the maximum of 2 commissions from the same artist (although you could use all 3 cards, but no extra artist bonus points would be awarded), but it might help the chances of a player actually getting to collect his chosen artists commissions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.