Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Gumby
Australia
Taree
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi

I don't have this game yet but will when I can. So I've been reading the rules and have some questions.

1. Can you make notes of information you are given? I'd think not but I am sure someone in my group will want to.

2. When you play a card, if it turns out not to be the card you thought but it can be played somewhere, can you do that? Or do you have to declare the card first and if you are wrong, too bad.

The game sounds fun but very memory intensive.

Thanks.

Shane

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
mrgumby98 wrote:
Hi

I don't have this game yet but will when I can. So I've been reading the rules and have some questions.

1. Can you make notes of information you are given? I'd think not but I am sure someone in my group will want to.

2. When you play a card, if it turns out not to be the card you thought but it can be played somewhere, can you do that? Or do you have to declare the card first and if you are wrong, too bad.

The game sounds fun but very memory intensive.

Thanks.

Shane

Hey Shane,

Here's my opinion on these questions.

1. I think this is something the group should probably decide for itself. In order to make the game less memory intensive, my group allows you to ask the table "What do I know about my hand?", at which point other people can repeat to you what clues you have already been given.

2. You do not need to declare what card you're playing! So yes, if you think it's one card, and it turns out to be another playable card, you still play the card. There is one proposed variant which says that if you name the exact card you're playing, you get a clue token back, but I would not advise against playing with that variant - it removes a lot of the tension from the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Robb wrote:
In order to make the game less memory intensive, my group allows you to ask the table "What do I know about my hand?", at which point other people can repeat to you what clues you have already been given.

We've decided to handle it a little differently. Anyone can ask a player, "What do you know about your hand?" and they respond with what they think they've been told about their hand. If they're wrong or have come to incorrect conclusions, no one can say anything. We think that's more in the spirit of the game while still assisting the memory-challenged. After all, you can usually keep track of your own hand, but it can be hard to remember what everyone else has been told.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.