Subject: Avalanche Press considering electronic versions of their games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Stack
United States
Orchard Park
New York
flag msg tools
Honor his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out this link from the President of AvP...

http://www.avalanchepress.com/EPlay.php

You'll have to scroll down past the information on foreign language versions, which is also an interesting development.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb
He should get somebody to read over those postings before they appear on the website because they doesn't reflect well on his professionalism.

There's a hint of desperation and bitterness to them that's as deadly for businesses as they are for relationships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
https://www.twitch.tv/gamerhudson
badge
https://www.instagram.com/gamer.hudson/
mbmbmbmbmb
Feb, been a while. I will believe it when I see it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Has there been any updates on this?

I read through the February 2011 article, 'Same Game, Different Format'. Now that it's March 2012, I assume that they weren't able to figure out a way to produce digital modules and "... to make sure it generates actual cash flow". It's really too bad cry

I have been playing PG: Elsenborn Ridge lately and love the PG system and I think it would be awesome to be able to play other players via Cyberboard/Vassal or even play solo at home and not have to worry about my two year old running off with troops.

Oh well.. I'll keep my fingers crossed and stay hopeful for now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin McCleary
United States
Huachuca City
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I for one would love to see their naval games converted to a computer game format for solitaire and play by email.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rallye72 wrote:
I for one would love to see their naval games converted to a computer game format for solitaire and play by email.
Here's a start then:
http://www.mcssl.com/store/4e466d3b9268494c82869d4417a53b/sw...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim S.
United States
CA, TX
flag msg tools
designer
See designer's page...
badge
"Reading history, Pinky..."
mbmbmbmbmb
VASSAL and APL games

I corresponded with Mike about this today; following on the change in 2011, he is still open to folks creating VASSAL modules of APL games, providing the games are distributed solely off the APL website. Users will hopefully abide by the honor system, and only download the modules for which they have hard-copies.

At present, there are only four titles available:

Great Pacific War / Third Reich - VASSAL
Island of Death - Zuntzu
PG: Airborne - Zuntzu
SWWAS: Coral Sea - VASSAL

APL Online Play Modules

Having them on the website allows him to track popularity, and of course drive traffic there. It is a similar scheme as the GMT approach, I believe (with their massive VASSAL download page).

That said, he's indicated there has been little interest in these modules, and no one has stepped forward eager to develop more. It's not a task he is up to. If there are folks that already have these for personal use, and want to share them with the fan community via the APL website, he's pretty supportive. And, he'd probably being willing to trade product in exchange for a good module. Drop him a line and check, or post an offer to help on CSW.

-Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.