7 Posts

Cosmic Encounter» Forums » General

Subject: Cheating rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I notice the Filch card allows a player to cheat. Does this include palming cards, dealing from the bottom, false shuffles and other tricks that practitioners of card magic can do?

Eco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
It only includes what it says on the card. You steal cards from the deck and discard pile and your own ships from the warp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I allowed to put cards from my hand in the deck or discard pile?

Eco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Only take.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I've never understood with classic Filch was when is the window for getting caught? Many times, we'd look over and see the player having more cards than we thought he should, and we'd start to suspect. One time though, when no one was looking, he just scooped up the discard pile. So no one "caught him in the act", but everyone knew then that he had the card. So, he was caught, just not in the act. We've always played that he's not caught then, but I'm not sure if we've played right or not...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it only counts as 'caught' when he's caught in the act. If no-one notices until he's sat there whistling with the entire discard pile in front of him, he's in the clear.

What if you get the Filch in a game where you're teaching others how to play? Can you take your ships from the warp and just tell the other players you're allowed to? I mean, if they see you doingbit but dont know you're cheating, do you get away with it?

Eco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
mbmbmbmbmb
Ecosmith wrote:
What if you get the Filch in a game where you're teaching others how to play?

If you are using Classic Wild Filch in a game where you are teaching new players, then perhaps you should not be teaching new players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.